News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Alarm query

Started by diggerT, September 17, 2009, 01:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diggerT

My 03 has a Triumph alarm fitted, I think they are datatool.
Is it possible to alter the length of delay before it sets itself? It re-sets as I am halfway through battling with the bike to squeeze it in the shed.
I know it can be put in service mode but a greater time delay would be better.

Cheers

Digger

iansoady

Don't think so. I have mine so that it automatically sets in "ferry mode" ie with the movement sensor disabled. This makes for much less hassle when refuelling etc.

You do this by earthing the yellow flying lead. If you want to reinstate the movement function just press the oval button once it's armed.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

diggerT

Great!
Where can I find the yellow flying lead?

Many thanks

Digger

Sin_Tiger

If you didn't get the user manual when you bought the bike you might be able to identify your model and download it from the Datatool website

That particular link is just for example, you'll have to rummage around for yours. Alternatively just leave the ignition on till you get it into the shed.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

iansoady

Quote from: "diggerT"Great!
Where can I find the yellow flying lead?

Many thanks

Digger

The control unit is under the tail cover (at leat it is on mine). Take that off and you'll see the lead. There's also a (grey?) lead that you can earth to stop it beeping when it arms, which I also found very irritating.

Manuals are all on the website sin_tiger mentioned. Although I expect yours is a system 3 documented here
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

diggerT

Many thanks, I found the manual now I can search for the lead

Thanks guys

DiggerT

chairhead

the Oval button is the movement sensor on the fob,once your bike has armed itself press it so the bike can then be moved,simple,once the bike is in position simply press the Oval button and the bike is fully armed :icon_scratch how hard can that be :roll:
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel