News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Explaining Power Commander

Started by Medic09, September 23, 2009, 04:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cos

Quote from: "abruzzi"
Quote from: "Cos"Anybody got a Tuneboy for rent?  :lol:

Unfortunately, Tuneboy licenses are tied to the ECU serial number.  So you can't use it on another machine.  I suppose instead of shipping the bike to the mainland, you could take out the ECU and ship that.  The Triumph tool lets you load triumph maps to any bike, but costs a lot, and doesn't let you build customized maps.

Geof

I appreciate the advice.

As far as taking the ECU out, you should ask Jetdoc what would happen if i got anywhere near the ECU with tools  :lol:

JetdocX

Quote from: "Cos"I appreciate the advice.

As far as taking the ECU out, you should ask Jetdoc what would happen if i got anywhere near the ECU with tools  :lol:

The first cyclone ever to hit Cyprus????? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Resist the urge, Cos!  An entire island nation depnds on it.
From parts unknown.

Cos

Quote from: "JetdocX"
Quote from: "Cos"I appreciate the advice.

The first cyclone ever to hit Cyprus????? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Resist the urge, Cos!  An entire island nation depnds on it.

Don't worry, the world is safe. The urge never came near me.

Since the Blueflame is the only can i can run with the stock FI map i'll probably do that for now. I haven't bought the Tiger anything since i got the centerstand but i don't think i can get can + Tuneboy right now.

Funny you should say that though...i changed the oil last week and we got hit by tornadoes and a minor earthquake.

abruzzi

Quote from: "Stretch"You can use a Tuneboy on other bikes, but you first have to send off to Tuneboy Inc for a special code, costing about a hundred bucks.

The extra license is currently $199 AUD which comes to $173 USD and I have no idea in Cyprus currency.  Are they on the Euro?

Either way, you cant just have a friend plug in and do you at once.  I think TuneBoy is a good product, but it isn't very cost effective if you're not a tweaker with a race bike.  If you just want a custom map that you will never touch, $400 (the whole kit) is kind of steep, compared to the $50 worth of jets to do a carbed bike.  That's why, for most, having the dealer load the TOR tune is the simplest.

Geof

Stretch

I'd forgotten the cost of the additional keys, sorry.  I looked at their website a couple years ago, but decided not to buy, for the reasons you just described... it's not cost-effective for those of us who load one tune and leave it.

The thing was invented and marketed for the tinkering owner of a fuel-injected race bike.

I won't spend this kind of coin for a Tuneboy and cable, and I hate being dependent on a dealer (100 miles away) to download the TOR tune whenever the ECU decides to corrupt itself.  My next bike will have carbs.

Cos

Quote from: "abruzzi"
Quote from: "Cos"Anybody got a Tuneboy for rent?  :lol:

Unfortunately, Tuneboy licenses are tied to the ECU serial number.  So you can't use it on another machine.  I suppose instead of shipping the bike to the mainland, you could take out the ECU and ship that.  The Triumph tool lets you load triumph maps to any bike, but costs a lot, and doesn't let you build customized maps.

Geof

Dammit Geoff, now you got me thinking about that.  :lol:

flux

Quote from: "Stretch"My next bike will have carbs.

Amen brother.  This FI shit is for the birds!