News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Helmet friendly earbuds?

Started by Jomama, April 21, 2009, 01:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jomama

Any suggestions?  I've found that even some of my earplugs will not stay in when i put the Helmet on...  Different styles that stick out a little too much...    I imagine a lot of the earbuds are not helmet friendly, anyone already done this research and found any good brands/models?

Thanks
1996 Tiger
2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Dbl Cab Longbed SR5
**sold** /cry...  1993 FZJ80 Toyota Land Cruiser

KuzzinKenny

Hi, i use Howard Leight Max Lite earplugs.....

http://www.safetysupplies.co.uk/trolleyed/4/

very soft, comfortable and longer than most so go deeper into the ear. as for
earbuds, sorry, the only thing i listen to while ridin me Tigger is my Blueflame exhaust !! :)

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Stretch

I love my BigEar phones.  Custom-molded to my ear canals for all-day comfort, and they're very low profile.

http://www.bigearinc.com/Products/BE-1C.aspx

JetdocX

Etymotic ER6i.  :D
From parts unknown.

DaJudge

The noise-limiting buds that came with my Sony MP3 player (the 8GB A818 model) fit well under my modular helmet, are comfy and give great sound.  They were one of the reasons I bought that particular player.

Speed3guy

For ear plugs, I agree with the Max Leight statement above.  None better.  

For ear plugs, I really like my Sure E3C.

Guy

tri99sprint

Westone UM-1 are true IEMs (Inner Ear Monitors) with oustanding music quality.....a tad pricey (around $100), but well worth it. They are shaped to fit inside your ear, and do not stick out.
They are the only ones I can get my helmet over.
Hope this helps.
Chuck

ericw94061

Etymotic ER-6i rocks.  Use the foam tips and they're good for ~25dB of noise isolation, almost as good as the orange Howard Leight MAX (33dB).  Good sound quality too tho fairly little bass response.
\'06 Tiger, \'03 Hayabusa, lotsa bikes previously incl. \'95 Tiger

jonathan jaecks

...a third vote for the Etymotic ER-6i.  Have been using them for three years with an autocom setup, excellent.

Jonathan
06' Tiger (under construction)

Medic09

I'm very happy with my Big Ear earphones.  I tried several different brands and didn't like to ride with them, or they wouldn't stay in place under my helmet.  Since I got the Big Ears a few years ago, I've been listening to my iPod often.

In the end, a lot has to do with fit.  Ear canals vary in shape, diameter, and other individual traits.  You have to try earphones to see what fits and stays in place and is comfortable.
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four

EvilBetty

Cheap earplugs and a Midland BT-2 Bluetooth headset.  Absolutely love it.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD