News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Very stained exhaust

Started by Nimrod11, September 20, 2009, 11:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

In that case, another product a lot of stainless steel exhaust manufacterers recommend is silver polish.

I see this one recommended a lot.
"Silvo Silver Polish with Wadding"
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/household-produ ... ding/#revs
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

EvilBetty

Nimrod11

----------
Tiger 2004

tett

Why don't you go and get some HCL?  Ask around.  Some high schools probably have the stuff and you just need to ask a science teacher.  They should have it diluted to 20 or 30%.  Many industries also use HCL.

I use concentrated nitric acid in some "home" experiments and I have had lots of luck getting this from our local high schools.  And, this stuff is way more dangerous than HCL.

Of course, please make sure you are aware of all the chemical safety practices when using this acid.  Ask someone who knows how to handle and use HCL.

tett
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

haulin' daze

Someone is trying to tell you it's time for a new pipe. Love my Thunderbike exhaust... :thumbsup

abruzzi

If you find a pool supply store, they sell muriatic acid to shock the pool with, and that is basically diluted HCL.  It's also great for removing rust.  

Geof

zombie

do what I did and paint everything matte black
no more cleaning and nicely sorted

HockleyBoy

Used this stuff on mine and the pipes came up like new :-

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/shop/product_info.php/cPath/23_163/products_id/5370

Not sure what the equivalent would be in Brazil though.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

EvilBetty

Before and after with that stuff.  Similar results with the $1.00 bottle of toilet bowl cleaner.
http://www.boxertrix.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... 229d3720a9

Question:  See the last post of that thread.  How do you draw chromium to the surface of steel with a few seconds of a spray on acid?

Nimrod11

Thanks for all the answers.

I was in the US just this week and stopped at a Home Depot. Lot's of stuff to use there, but I wasn't brave enough to buy anything since I would never be able to take that stuff on a plane.

I'll keep searching...
----------
Tiger 2004

TigerTrax

By now . . . . some 'elbow grease' would have solved the problem or determined it cannot be solved.

Ceramic coat the thing in Black.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'