News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oils and high miles?

Started by ramseybella, October 11, 2009, 11:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramseybella

Any body using Mobil 1 in a tiger?
And would you start using it in a 32,000 mile bike?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-sz-Zfn ... re=related

Mustang

Quote from: "ramseybella"Any body using Mobil 1 in a tiger?
are you talking car oil or Mobil 1 MX4t for 10 bucks a qt. at auto zone ?

All my tiggers get the MX4T and they are running strong with no oil consumption at 62k , 55k, and 40k for miles

It's what Triumph recommends and I only change it once a year , unless I happen to put a lot of miles on one of em during the year ...........tigger 2  got two oil changes this season.  :D

now having said that .......... i have put SHELL rotella T in when Autozone was out of mobil 1 mx4t

YOU DO REALIZE THAT OIL IS A PRETTY SENSITIVE ISSUE FOR A LOT OF FOLKS !???????

ramseybella

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "ramseybella"Any body using Mobil 1 in a tiger?
are you talking car oil or Mobil 1 MX4t for 10 bucks a qt. at auto zone ?

All my tiggers get the MX4T and they are running strong with no oil consumption at 62k , 55k, and 40k for miles

It's what Triumph recommends and I only change it once a year , unless I happen to put a lot of miles on one of em during the year ...........tigger 2  got two oil changes this season.  :D

now having said that .......... i have put SHELL rotella T in when Autozone was out of mobil 1 mx4t

YOU DO REALIZE THAT OIL IS A PRETTY SENSITIVE ISSUE FOR A LOT OF FOLKS !???????

I am sure of that, but just thought I would ask how many mil's or qt's does the 98 Tiger take?

JetdocX

Buy a gallon.  Clean oil is better than dirty oil which is better than no oil. :D
From parts unknown.

nightrunner

It seems that Mobil has changed the name of the MX4T to Racing 4T 10W40.
This explains why Walmart stopped carrying it.

https://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/Mo ... 0W-40.aspx
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

EvilBetty

I've never been able to find it anywhere but AutoZone.  It's part number is still MX4T but the label Reads Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W40
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD