News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

First ride... Hmmm

Started by NeilD, October 05, 2009, 10:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "Stretch"One of you cats ought to start selling these things.  Seriously.
seriously for what they cost , $17 .............I have only had 2 on Tigger 2 since new with 65k . It's not a part that really needs reinventing , Triumph actually got something right .

excessive wear and or pulling them off the frame is from chains that are adjusted way too tight !

Just for the record...my chain tension was right on before I took it through tech at the track.  It was loose after it came off. :lol:  I've put about 2000 miles on it without the lower chain block.  It's loud, but it causes no damage either. :wink:

The real damage I'm doing is putting off the swingarm rubstrip as I'm rubbing into the swingarm aluminum now.

I've got a new outlook when it comes to maintaining this bike.  Do nothing!  Runs like a top ever since I started this new regime!  YMMV. :lol:  :lol:
From parts unknown.

Sin_Tiger

The previous maintainenance on mine obviously followed that regime  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

oxnsox

It's a good plan...
I've seen the effects of the other plan before, on a Crash Tender at an airfield. Maintained to in-operability...
But at least it kept the crew occupied everyday  :lol:  :lol:
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

nightrunner

FWIW McMaster Carr carries several types of teflon, HDPE, etc, in round stock, bar stock, etc.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

aeronca

what ever you guy's do, do not use a wheel chock as you material. when mine went out last year, i could'nt seem to find the right teflon at work so i cut up a wheel chock. it wore out superfast and made a wicked mess(like an eraser), covered my bike with yellow crap. thank god my new one came in from bikebandit quickly.  the teflon thing is a great idea, and will be my next way to go when the time comes.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

ramseybella

Quote from: "Stretch"One of you cats ought to start selling these things.  Seriously.

12"x4"x2.5" $2.00!!  But since they only cost $14.00 whats the point?
If I can convert this stuff to a swing arm chain guard? :roll: