News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Purchase?

Started by Tedf, October 23, 2009, 07:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tedf

Hello- I've been looking around the site and noticed it doesn't seem too busy with folks posting.  I rode a BMW GSA for years.  Decided I needed to scale down some.  Sold the GS and bought a little Kawasaki Versys.  Well 5 months later I realize that wasn't a great idea.  While the little Kaw was fun, it wasn't really what I needed.  Sold the Kaw last week and now looking to get back.  I have a few buddies with newer GS' and have been having some issues.  I started looking at others out there.  Walked into a dealer yesterday and saw a 2010 Triumph Tiger SE.  Looked great.  Spent hours on the net and couldnt find anybody really having issues with the bike, all seem to really like it.  At 6'1" the height is fine, guessing I'll need an aftermarket windshield and seat but other than those I hear only good things.  Headed up now to test ride.  Anyone out here have the SE model? I'd love to hear youre thoughts.

Thanks-  TF
2009 Kawasaki Versys
2009 BMW R1200 GSA
2007 BMW R1200 GS
2006 Honda Goldwing
Triumph Rocket III
2004 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

HappyMan

I'd get a new Tiger but it's not dirt oriented enough for me.  I'd still like one though.  As for windshields; check out what was done here..

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.p ... 2&page=178
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Sin_Tiger

The SE doesn't differ from the previous models other than the colour scheme and the included accesories, so anything you read about about the Roadie generally will be valid. I love mine and just wish I was back home more often to get riding it  :(

There are plenty of options for both screen and seats, I would ride it for a while before you decide on the seat, I am fine with the stock seat but then again I am a bit shorter and probably a bit lighter.

The screen thing is a bit of a lottery, best to make some friends and then try theirs before you decide. Plenty of info on the 1050 over on the Tiger 1050 forum but remember to come back here, much cosier  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint