News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2010 Western USA Tiger Ride-In and who plans to attend

Started by Jon KB, October 23, 2009, 08:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon KB

Editing this post to add a list of the folks who have told me they will be there.

Several people indicated interest when this was first posted, I'll add their names when the tell me they are planning on coming.

Who Will Be There?:
                            TTigerfoot and his Rocket riding wife
                            Tigger
                            Jphish

After talking to Kyle Thomas (2009 Host) about it and considering it for a while, Kim Olsen and I would like to offer ourselves as co-hosts for the 2010 Western USA Tiger Ride-in.

If folks are interested, we have some excellent roads here in Washington both paved and unpaved that provide rides through some outstandingly beautiful countryside.

We are thinking about a location that will place us in easy riding distance of Mt. Rainier, Mt. Saint Helens, eastern and western Washington.  We will need to do some more research as to what camp grounds and commercial accommodations are available to us.

As for a date, keeping it in line with this years event I was thinking of the 1st weekend in September which would be the 3rd, 4th & 5th.

Thoughts, Ideas, Concerns?
Contact me through this post or email me at
mailto:Denial7@comcast.net">Denial7@comcast.net
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time
mailto:ttigerfoot@gmail.com\">ttigerfoot@gmail.com

Jon KB

The only problem I have with "Riding" is that I so rarely stop to take pictures, I enjoy the ride so much I hate to stop.

Here's a few that I did take though.

Too many hobbies,
Not enough time

voyageur

Nice pictures Jon. Let me know the dates and I will set the time aside to be there. Looking forward to the event. Kyle

TigerTrax

Folks...
Jon stepped up and wanted to do this event in the state of Washington.
The Western contingent is getting some traction and making headway.

Those of us who have never been to that area... consider the ride....
I know I am.

Jon, we'll be looking forward to hearing the details.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

johnnyadventurepants

Sweeeeeeeeet!  I was playing around with the idea of doing some sort of Tiger ride in WA (honestly, check the Tiger Pic thread on ADVrider for proof).  Count me in!  I think that there are a fair amount of cats around here in Seattle, Vancouver, etc.

\'99 Tiger 885i

aeronca

i am so freakin in - i can taste it :lol:  as soon as there is a date, i'll set aside vacation.    
       eric
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

DesertDog

I like it, I like it.  With the early notice and it being so close, might be able to get a few more of the Idaho Tigers to make an appearance.  

Washington has alot of wonderful country to offer and September should be a great time to see it.

That is Labor day weekend so many should have Monday the 6th off also?  Extra day to get home or recover from the mayhem.

Can't wait.

GWL

Great pictures but I'm puzzled. Is anyone else drawn to the centre of picture 8? Is that a bear or some other animal? maybe a yeti/sasquatch :shock: ? Certainly something hairy (Stretch is that you?) :lol:

Stretch

TigerTrax

Uh. . .
may be a 'she-squatch'.

I hear they inhabit those areas and lure unsuspecting tourists
by 'sashaying' into the woods luring tourists to their demise.
Once in awhile one escapes and becomes a life-long caller on
the Art Bell show.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Jon KB

Quote from: "GWL"Great pictures but I'm puzzled. Is anyone else drawn to the centre of picture 8? Is that a bear or some other animal? maybe a yeti/sasquatch :shock: ? Certainly something hairy (Stretch is that you?) :lol:

When it lifted its head I found it to be a deer prior to that I was a tad nervous as I did not notice it until it started to move.
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time

Jon KB

Quote from: "GWL"Great pictures but I'm puzzled. Is anyone else drawn to the centre of picture 8? Is that a bear or some other animal? maybe a yeti/sasquatch :shock: ? Certainly something hairy (Stretch is that you?) :lol:

Picture 10 is of my wife who may be unfortunate enough to be the sole female triumph rocket owner/rider in the state of Washington...not that she feels the least bit displeased with her ride.  Talk about the total number of brownie points I accumulated with that purchase, Wheeew!
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time

atokad

I would like to attend but obviously dates/work may change that.  I have an old friend in the area that I have been wanting to meet up with on a ride so this would be an awesome opportunity!

Jon KB

Choosing dates that work for the most people is difficult.
When I suggested the first weekend of September I wasn't thinking of Labor day weekend. That a lot of people get it off makes it more likely that we will get maximum participation (what ever that means). That a lot of people get it off also means that the roads, campgrounds and parks are also much more crowded, impacting the quality of the riding experience.

During the second weekend of September the parks and roads are much less crowded.

I chose September because that's when we had it this year (2009) and it is about as late in the riding season as we can count on relatively good weather here in Washington.

However it was pointed out to me that because of the distances involved we could have it any time during the warmer riding season (I love the extended riding season created by heated clothing) without creating any conflict with the other Tiger ride-Ins.

So with all that said I would like input, i.e. a discussion, as to when we want to have our Ride-In. We want to nail down the date soon so we can plan our 2010 vacation schedule, so this discussion will be limited to a few weeks and then I'll post the planned dates.
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time

Jon KB

While the road is paved it is also slippery due to gravel, dirt and ash carried onto the road surface by wind and rain.
A Subaru club had a problem when one of their members took a curve to fast and left the road, car totaled, driver critical.
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time