News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2010 Western USA Tiger Ride-In and who plans to attend

Started by Jon KB, October 23, 2009, 08:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jphish

As you well Know Labor Day can be a crazy weekend to be on the road. I'll show up either way, but the following weekend might be a better experience. The Cascades would be great - also possibility of a contingent doing all or part of the Olympic peninsula. Particularly for those from midwest who dont get much ocean view time. Ruby beach or Neah Bay would be some real eye candy for the marine/aquatic enthusiast. j

ArcticTiger

I have visited this area 3 times, traveling around in an old stepside truck. It would have been EXCEPTIONAL fun to be able to come back and visit this nice area on a Tiger!
Soo, then a crazy :shock:  idea stuck me: It could have been done, if someone in the Seattle-Vancouver area had a "spare", "extra" or "left-over" bike they were willing to rent out for a certain period!
Then I would fly in, and ride with you guys in september :D

Send me a PM if this is a possibility for someone!

PS: Or, we can do a bike exchange. If you want to come and visit northern Norway, you can ride one of my bikes.
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

johnnyadventurepants

That campground (longbeach?) that the ADV Pacific Wet Fest is at looks pretty cool.  On the sand by the water.  But I haven't done it as they seem to be a little different crowd than I tend to hang out with.

Oh, and I vote for all dirt and gravel!  But I'm sure I'm in the minority here.  And I vote for June as I can't wait until Sept.  Week after Labor Day sounds good too.
\'99 Tiger 885i

Jon KB

Well we have settled on the 2nd weekend in September

Arrive 10 Sept
Ride 11 Sept
Wrap-up and head for home on 12 Sept

Given advance notice, I'm open to playing tourist guide if someone decides to show up early or stay late.

I'll post the campground and hotel information once I've narrowed it down.
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time
mailto:ttigerfoot@gmail.com\">ttigerfoot@gmail.com

jphish

Jon - sent you PM on offer of assistance. Good call on the timing - it's my BD week end & certain to have nice weather. Hope to hook up after Jan 1. Be well. j

aeronca

sounds good. i'll budget some time.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Jon KB

Tiger Ride-Ins have been occurring for many years on the east coast and the Midwest. This will be the 2nd in what we hope will be a long tradition on the West Coast

The 2nd annual Western USA Triumph Tiger Ride-In. A destination excuse to ride and meet fellow Tiger owners. This year it will be happening near the town of Randle at the Cowlitz Falls campgrounds the weekend of Sep 10th - 12th. the we will enjoy some good rides preceded and followed by good meals with friends new and old. This is a informal event, just a destination as a excuse for a ride and a chance to meet new faces and reacquaint old ones. Last Year (2009) we held the 1st annual Western USA Tiger Ride-In at Lake Tahoe and had a blast.

While these events are aimed at Triumph Tiger owners we will gladly deem anyone that shows up on their best bike an honorary Tiger.
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time

Jon KB

Looks like we will be at the Cowlitz Falls campgrounds also known as the Leonard "Bud" Allen Campground. Sep 10th  - 12th

Cowlitz Falls is 5 minutes from Randle WA, several very nice rides can start from there.

http://www.lcpud.org/leonardallenpark.html

Reservations have been mailed in for two adjacent camp sites, these sites are group tenting sites with a combined capacity for 10 tents.

We requested sites 2 & 3, this will give us 8 picnic tables, two fire pits and 10 tent sites all within a few strides of each other. This campground also has showers.

We will divide the cost amongst those who choose to stay with us.

If we get ten tents the cost will be $10 per night.

If we exceed 10 ten tents we will either have to reserve more sites ahead of time or take what is available when we arrive.

I will post local motel information for those interested.
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time

Jon KB

Friday evening
   Meet and greet potluck

Saturday
   Breakfast
   Discuss morning route
   Ride
   Lunch
   Discuss afternoon route
   Ride
   Dinner at campsite burgers and dogs
   ( pitch in a couple of bucks and I'll cook enough for all)

Sunday
   Breakfast
   Discuss morning route
   Ride
   Lunch
   Break Camp

I'll show early to set up camp, possibly a day or two early
If anyone wants to arrive early we can ride additional route or two, just let me know in advance.
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time

ORTiger

I missed last year's ride to Tahoe but I'll be coming up from Portland.  It's a quick ride from home so I'll show up mid to late morning.
ORTiger

macgart

I'm interested.  Although it's about 1,200 miles one-way for me.  If budget allows I plan to come out.  I'll be following the thread.
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

Jon KB

Quote from: "macgart"I'm interested.  Although it's about 1,200 miles one-way for me.  If budget allows I plan to come out.  I'll be following the thread.

If you need a couple of days rest before heading back I can put you up at my place.
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time

macgart

Thanks for the offer.  I really want to make it up there.  Looks like a great opportunity to check out Canada too.
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

johnnyadventurepants

Well Randle sure looks like a nice central spot.  This would be a nice simple tank bag map:

http://www.whitepassbyway.com/WhitePassScenicBywayTearsheet.pdf
\'99 Tiger 885i

Jon KB

Quote from: "johnnyadventurepants"Well Randle sure looks like a nice central spot.  This would be a nice simple tank bag map:

http://www.whitepassbyway.com/WhitePassScenicBywayTearsheet.pdf

That is nice I'll add it to the arrival package I'm preparing for attendees

I sure like the looks of your bike...Yellow is the best of course  LOL
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time