News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2010 Western USA Tiger Ride-In and who plans to attend

Started by Jon KB, October 23, 2009, 08:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jphish

Jon And I met up yesterday to discuss some of the options for W Wa Tiger fest in Sept. I can offer to lead / follow a blue water side trip to some pretty spectacular pacific ocean scenery, for those that might be interested. About a 300 mi round trip. We'd likely need to do it on front end (Wed or Thurs) so as not to interfere with group events / dynamics that Jon already planned. Even if it's only 1 or 2 others - I'm still willing. I'd be forced to ride my Tiger to the ocean & back...waaaa...terrible sacrifice! No sympathy cards required. TTFN, j

johnnyadventurepants

What about the most important part of the whole event?  You know.... stickers?!  :D
\'99 Tiger 885i

jphish

Don't worry! I have already raided my Granddaughters "Hello Kitty" sticker stash. Plenty for all! Think how cool that would be for 10 of us (heavily armed of course) to show up at Sturgis with 'kitty stickers all over our Tigers ! :wink:

Tomsblutiger1

I'd like to meet some of you Washington Cat's!  Hope to be there.
06 Tiger 955i Caspian Blue

aeronca

theres alot of good ridin there. take 12 to 410 and then go up over chinook pass is great. or if you turn right on 410 you can go to "whistlin jacks" store/lodge(cooooold beer). there's bumpin lake dam also. lots of good stuff down there. you picked a great location for this. best of all it's only an hour and forty five minutes from my house  8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Jon KB

Finally!
Yesterday I got official confirmation of the campground reservations I made back in November.  I guess I should have expected the delay since they were closed for the winter.

We have a campground, 5 people from Washington, 2 people from the Mid-west, 2 from California all of whom have shown a strong interest and based on their past activities will most likely attend and we have several others from WA, OR and ID that have expressed their desire to attend also. I'm assuming that because people have to juggle minor things like money, jobs, and family that we'll probably see about half of those who express intent. Last Year we managed 10, this year we'd like to match or exceed that.

The local Triumph dealer here, Triumph of Tacoma-Lakewood Motor Sports, has been very encouraging and may host a hot dog feed on one of the two days and possibly find a vendor or two to provide some small door prizes. Free maps are always welcome in my house.

Seriously though this will be a small friendly get together whose purpose is to provide us an excuse to ride our bikes, meet people and see some new sights. I encourage everyone to come and hope you will all encourage your friends to attend also.  While Tigers are the focus of this get together we will welcome everyone whatever they are riding and have a great time of it.
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time
mailto:ttigerfoot@gmail.com\">ttigerfoot@gmail.com

johnnyadventurepants

Jon,

2 questions:

1) How about editing your first post with a signed- up list like they do for most rides on ADVrider?  It's nice to see who else is going, how many etc.

2) Do you want to keep this small and just for the regular users of Tiger Triple?  Or should I recruit more Tiger riders that I run into, most of which probably don't use this site?
\'99 Tiger 885i

Jon KB

Quote from: "johnnyadventurepants"Jon,

2 questions:

1) How about editing your first post with a signed- up list like they do for most rides on ADVrider?  It's nice to see who else is going, how many etc.

2) Do you want to keep this small and just for the regular users of Tiger Triple?  Or should I recruit more Tiger riders that I run into, most of which probably don't use this site?

I can do that, as people commit, I'll get the list up later I'm in a time crunch right now. So far I have 3 Tiger riders and 1 Rocket III rider (my wife) who have committed cash to being there. I have 4 Tiger riders who have indicated serious intent but feel it is too early to commit and several others have shown interest.

I want this as large as we can make it, the East & West Coast Streaks (Ride-Ins strive for 50 Tigers.

This is a Tiger oriented event however, anyone who rides or supports motorcycles is encouraged to come, after all, one good look at our Tigers they're sure to trade-in their ordinary bikes for Tigers... LOL

Last year we had a couple of non Tigers in the group and we all had a blast.
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time

Jon KB

OK!
September is no longer so far away
It's time to start talking about the 2010 Western USA Tiger Streak again.

Tiger Ride-Ins have been occurring for many years on the east coast and the Midwest. This will be the 2nd in what we hope will be a long tradition on the West Coast

The 2nd annual Western USA Triumph Tiger Ride-In. A destination excuse to ride and meet fellow Tiger owners. This year it will be happening near the town of Randle at the Cowlitz Falls Campgrounds the weekend of Sep 10th - 12th. the we will enjoy some good rides preceded and followed by good meals with friends new and old. This is a informal event, just a destination as a excuse for a ride and a chance to meet new faces and reacquaint old ones. Last Year (2009) we held the 1st annual Western USA Tiger Ride-In at Lake Tahoe and had a blast.

While these events are aimed at Triumph Tiger owners we will gladly deem anyone that shows up on their best bike an honorary Tiger.

http://www.lcpud.org/leonardallenpark.html

We requested sites 2 & 3, this will give us 8 picnic tables, two fire pits and 10 tent sites all within a few strides of each other. This campground also has showers.

We will divide the cost amongst those who choose to stay with us.

If we get ten tents the cost will be $10 per night.

If we exceed 10 ten tents we will either have to reserve more sites ahead of time or take what is available when we arrive.

If you are more interested in a motel send me an email (ttigerfoot@gmail.com)and I'll reply back with some of the local motel information.

Friday evening
Meet and greet potluck
Discuss routes and possible schedule

Saturday
  Breakfast
  Ride
Lunch
  Ride
  Dinner at campsite burgers and dogs
 (pitch in a couple of bucks and I'll cook enough for all)

Sunday
  Breakfast
  Anyone want to ride?
  Lunch
  Break Camp

I'll show  a day or two early to set up camp and goof off
If anyone wants to arrive early we can ride additional routes , let me know in advance.

Our local Triumph dealer (Triumph of Tacoma-Lakewood Motor Sports)  has been very encouraging and may host a hot dog feed on one of the two days and possibly find a vendor or two to provide some small door prizes.

Johnny Adventurepants (A man who rides the fastest color there is) has suggested that we put up a sign-up list.

So I'll Do just that, I'll modify the first post and start posting names a people tell me that they are committed to coming.

Remember "Tigers are the Best" but all riders and tier bikes along with those who support riders are welcome.
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time

jphish

Well...I'm still in. Should have Tiger foot mounted by then.

Jon KB

Let me know if your coming and I'll make enough spaghetti for all on Friday night

The more the merrier

If everyone who has indicated interest shows up we will have 14  people attending.

The following people said they may attend if life allows

TTigerfoot and his Rocket riding wife
Tigger
Jphish
Aeronca
ORTiger
Tomsblutiger1
Spadoman
Kyle Thomas  voyageur
Stanegoli
Tigertrax
Johnnyadventurepants
DesertDog
Macgart
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time

johnnyadventurepants

Hey Jon,

I was really looking forward to this especially because it was so close to home.  Unfortunately I won't be able to make it.  Fortunately, it is because I will be in Utah that weekend!  Have fun and take lots of pics.
\'99 Tiger 885i

TigerTrax

Jon...
TigerTrax .... out...

Must be in Alabama helping take care of mother-in-law for 10 days.

I am sorry.

Am sending Tees to Kim.

You all have a grand time ... it looks like a terrific spot.

Ask Harry 'How's it goin?'
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Tomsblutiger1

Jon,
I was hoping to make this gathering, but time is not allowing this to happen.  Sorry.  Have a great time!
06 Tiger 955i Caspian Blue

jphish

Hey Jon - I assume yellow Tiger operational after it's "escape" from your house? Participants usually dwindle closer to actual event...more food for those that show up. I'll be there Friday eve (what time you leaving for Randle on Friday? - I maybe able to ride up with ya) But have to return Sat afternoon for My 62nd BD. Wifes orders. Want me to bring french bread to go with Italian Spaghetti ? I think ice cream is out. j