News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

finding neutral at a standstill

Started by delecti, December 07, 2009, 01:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delecti

Hi, having trouble getting neutral when bike is stationary( 06 tiger with 29,000kms). able to get it when slowing down. The clutch is a adjusted correctly all systems are go. Is it an inherit problem? Is it a fixable or a live with problem?
PS great site.
Mark
06 Silver Tigre
what the?

KuzzinKenny

Hey delecti !! i`d check the chain, it might be to tight, the Tigger likes it loose !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

GZJ443

I have the same problem with my '06 (8,500 miles) lately; more so the colder it gets....

skoron

Switch over to a good synthetic.  Helped mine.

Skoron
The ride\'s the thing, travel too fast and you miss the reason.

delecti

Hi guys.
Using shell vsx4 full syn, chain at recommended 40mm slap, and it aint cold in oz at this time of year! yesterday we had 37degrees c about 95 in the old hieght.
Mark
06 Silver Tigre
what the?

tett

I have the same issue but perhaps not as severe.  Also have an 06 Tiger with 29,000 km on her.  When I got it I had a little trouble finding neutral.  After I changed the oil (Motul full syn 10-40) It got better but not 100%.  Some times it is a piece of cake to find neutral and other times it takes a very light touch going down from second.

Perhaps this is just a quirk that one needs to learn how to manage?  

Hope it is not too much of a pain for you.  Perhaps if it is really gummed up it will need a couple of oil changes or even a wash out?

Cheers!

tett
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

PeteH

Quote from: "delecti"we had 37degrees c about 95 in the old hieght.

Mine does`nt like it hot either :wink:
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour