News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The only Things in Life . . .

Started by TigerTrax, December 06, 2009, 11:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

Waylan Jennings once sang of 'guitars tuned and firm feelin wimmin' . . .

and Curley in 'City Slickers' said, " There's just ONE thing!"

Well. . . here in the TEMPERATE climate we like to look up and say THANKS when our motorcycles start after a hard winter. AND our snow blowers start just BEFORE the first snow:   THANKS!

5"-6" tonight followed by 6"-12" Tuesday night.....

I told the 'other half . . ."good thing for you the snow blower started" . .
she gave me one of those looks . . . then chuckled . . know what I mean?
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

atokad

Did you say S N O W ? :new_all_coholic

Some of us would like to be out riding, while others would like to just be able to get out.

And chase wild things that are not welcome in the neighborhood.  :shock:

Nick Calne

Wow, now that's proper snow.  Forgive my ignorance but is that a coyote?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

brad1098

Wil-E-Coyote, Supergenious

:new_popcornsmiley
02 black-Lorna

JetdocX

I got me some of that white fluffy goodness last night.   Almost a foot of it. :shock:
From parts unknown.

coachgeo

Quote from: "JetdocX"I got me some of that white fluffy goodness last night.   Almost a foot of it. :shock:
you live outside reno?.  Foot would be alot for Reno.  I lived in Sparks for 9 years.  Saw snow but never that much that I recall.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

JetdocX

Live in old SW.  About a foot.  Yes it's a good amount.  I've seen more in the last three or four years, I've lived here.
From parts unknown.

atokad

One of many Coyotes in the area. They will eat just about anything and they have been getting pretty darn aggressive.  They would eat my little 10 lb Yorkie as a snack. They have been attacking larger dogs too like black labs and golden retrievers.

That particular snowfall ended up being about 27". Fortunately it was warm enough yet that it all melted in about 3 days! Get the Tiger back out!

TheMule

Sunny Southern Utah is not immune.........looks like this right now with the weather folks calling for upto 24" by tomorrow noon.
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

NeilD

wow thats looks like some proper snowfall!! we've not suchlike over here (well apart from up in Scotland maybe  :) ) for years.. although I guess if its a regular occurance then your're prepared and can cope with it - anything more than a light dusting and we grind to a halt..  :roll:

Nick Calne

Well look at this way guys.  I would love a snow fall like that.  Beautiful stuff and I haven't seen one similar since the ?1980's.

This is worst it's been in the last 5 years or so....The view is from my house.

Coyote is pretty beautiful too, but if it's going to eat your dog, I recognise you may not agree entirely.  Biggest problem I've had with wild animals was when a fox took a crap in my shed.  The smell was so unbearable I got a new shed.

What's the solution to the coyote problem?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

JetdocX

There are lots of coyotes around the hills, but they keep to themselves mostly.  Occasionally a cat disappears, but it's to be expected.  Every so often one will wander out in the road while I'm riding, but they usually skeedaddle lickety-split as soon as they see you.

They are scared of us, mostly.  If they get too close or too aggressive, they get shot around here.

Something we should probably be doing with bears, too, I guess.  The bears around Lake Tahoe and here are mostly not afraid of people anymore.  Something bad is going to happen before long to bring us back to reality, I guess. :roll:
From parts unknown.

atokad

I've been able to scare them away by banging a big stick on the deck that sounds like gunfire. They tuck and run real fast when that happens. But they come back. I think it is great to have wildlife around, even coyotes that could eat my dog. Unfortunately I can not let her out without first surveying the ravine area and then I have to stay out with her and get her right back in the house.  

I have owls and red tail hawks to watch out for too. About 3 miles south of me it is more wooded and they have had bobcats/lynxx in that area and a very rare, stray bear.

My plan for the coyotes is to give them a peppering with a bb gun to see if they will stay away. Right now they come back most mornings as the stick banging on the deck does not keep them away.

The snow around here is great. Pretty all year and even the die-hards get out and enjoy it.

Here are a few pictures of some July shots of snow.

We carved a ledge/shelf road into this snowbank so we could lower our bikes back down it. Yes, July!

Look closely at the center of this picture. See that little road coming up to the snow from the left? That's where we carved the snow road so we could come back down from the right side onto that road.