News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

adjustable span brake levers

Started by akendall1966, November 17, 2009, 07:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akendall1966

Hi

Anyone know if the adjustable span brake lever from sprint manufacturing http://www.triumphparts.gbr.cc/10442/in ... h=&sought= works with a steamer, or can suggest another option.

I have pushed the bars forward and rotated the controls levers as the brake reservoir was catching the fairing on full lock. Which has had the positive effect of making the riding position comfortable for me and put the mirrors is a position where I actually see the road not my elbows.

Down side is as the brake lever is pointing slightly up which I find a little unnatural, I am hoping if I run a lever that sits a bit closer to the bar I will have my perfect set up.

Thoughts....
----AK-----

Sin_Tiger

I thought about those myself, but somebody has fitted "alternative" bars and some kind of adjsutable levers to mine already. His extended mirrors are worth it, I fitted them, they actually look a very like early R100 mirrors.

Give him a call, very helpfull and knowledgable gent, he will probably be able to tell you.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

DesertDog

I am running 1998 triumph Sprint RS adjustable levers on my 97 steamer and they fit great.  They do not offer alot of adjustment but with a little file work on the adjuster pin you can get the lever where you want it.

akendall1966

Ha -thats great I have just bid on a 97 sprint master cyl / lever assy on ebay for the lever. Hope it stays cheap enough though.
----AK-----

akendall1966

Well I won the master cylinder for 99p on ebay got round to swapping the lever yesterday. I found the shoulder bolt that forms the adjustment pivot the nut side was interfering with stock hand guard. A trip to the local hardware store for some M6 half nuts and bit of file work to reduce the thread length by ~2mm is enough for it to clear. took a bit off the pin the adjuster cam bears on too so position 4 is a comfortable two finger grab now :D
----AK-----