News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New (four wheel) Toy

Started by abruzzi, November 23, 2009, 04:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

Just got this.  Does this qualify as a midlife crisis?

Geof

aeronca

Quote from: abruzziJust got this.  Does this qualify as a midlife crisis?

Geof

no, it qualifies as pretty cool. i love them ol' z-cars 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

John Stenhouse

OOO, that's pretty Geoff, very jealous  8)
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

EvilBetty

Awesome!

I've wanted a Z since before I could drive.  Almost owned a 300ZX once but my dad caught wind and stopped me  :oops:

All the used 260 and 280's I've seen in the past 10 years have either been destroyed on the inside or on the outside.  Haven't seen one in good condition for a long time.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Dan

Seriously Retro!

I likes that. Wouldn't see something like that over here in Blighty, it'd be rotten by now :(
If I was any better, I\'d be twins!!!

2001 Girly = Swiss Army Knife
2010 Blade = Scalpel

Nick Calne

Nice to see another guy with an orange car.  Top stuff.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

abruzzi

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Awesome!

I've wanted a Z since before I could drive.  Almost owned a 300ZX once but my dad caught wind and stopped me  :oops:

I fell in love with the Z when I was 11 years old.  I's always been my dream car.  So now I finally have one.  Unfortunately it looks better in pictures then in person.  The paint job was pretty crappy, and fender flares are fiberglass  and the steel is cut.  I'll probably pull the fiberglass, repaint, then add some flares that look a little better.  

Fortunately, it's got an almost new engine, no rust and a pretty darn good interior for a 35 year old car.  It's also got a but-load of extra parts.

Geof

EvilBetty

It just needs a little turtle wax :)

coachgeo

240 is the best Z, IMHO.  The 510 (poor mans BMW it was called) is kick ass.

Loved my little 2Liter Datsun roadster though.  Oh so sweet it was
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Bixxer Bob

It must be an age thing..

My wife (No2) learned to drive in a Datsun Sunny and loved that little car.  Datsun 180Bs put food on the table when my kids were growing (bolt on wings - could do a pair in an evening and charge the same as for ones that were welded).  I drive a Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 and, if I had £58k going spare, I wouldn't be driving a BMW, or an Audi or anything else, I'd be driving THE best GT bar none, true son of the Z car, one of these:

And in the latest advertising pitch, Nissan have a slogan that nails the people that buy BMWs for the blue and white roundel, it's very simple, "It's not about badge, it's about balls"
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

abruzzi

Quote from: "EvilBetty"It just needs a little turtle wax :)

Heh.  With the exception of the wheel and better paint job, that car is pretty close to mine.

There was also a beautiful 1965 Datsun pickup on ebay a couple of weeks ago.  I think it went for $4k.  I got this car pretty cheap, so I'm willing to overlook a lot.

Geof

EvilBetty

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"THE best GT bar none, true son of the Z car, one of these:

:shock: Beautiful!

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

coachgeo

the Datsun I once had (roadster)
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

EvilBetty