News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lead by example

Started by tett, December 14, 2009, 11:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tett

The Aussies pull no punches when it comes to safe driving.

No alcohol and no drugs when you ride.  Lead by example.

Ride safe.

tett
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

Colonel Nikolai

I have a policy of no drinking when riding. If I go out to meet friends at the bar on my bike, I drink mineral water and take the guff with a smile (I have a bike to ride home, I'm lucky. You don't, you have to drink!)

I have a friend who's a big game hunter. Hunts all over the world. If anyone is caught drinking in camp or out in the bush, he'll take their firearm send them away: No drinking mixed with firearms. It's kinda the same thing. He also talks about respect for guns: it's not what I thought. Respect is internalizing fear when considering consequences.

So if I'm not at least a tiny bit scared when I put my leg over the seat, I don't ride until I can get myself in that frame of mind. A little bit of fear stress sharpens the mind, makes one present in the moment and allows for a little more "light" and a little less "heat" when considering the road ahead.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

aeronca

thanks for posting that. it's an excelent eye opener. i wish they would show it over here. some time's it takes graffic visuals to wake people up. i hope every one has a safe christmas, both at home and on the road.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Colonel Nikolai

aeronca: Agreed! I posted links to the video on my facebook and twitter accounts. Maybe if we get everyone to do this we could collectively save a few lives before January 1st? Who knows.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"Respect is internalizing fear when considering consequences.

wow, deep man  8)

But very sensible, I actually enjoy a drink more when I get home after a ride  :D
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

redbirds

Good advice. The best time for a drink is after the ride, after the drive, after the hunt.
Living vicariously through myself.

RT

Wow, if that doesn't get your attention
Whatever it is, it\'s better in the wind.  ~Author Unknown