News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New (four wheel) Toy

Started by abruzzi, November 23, 2009, 04:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "EvilBetty"I figured, which is why I found this one :)

http://www.vivagoal.com/images/wallpape ... n-gt-r.jpg

Can't access from UK.....

Do you guys get BBC "Top Gear" on TV over there?  Clarkson drove one in one episode

Here,

there are a couple of other clips too, just search Clarkson GTR
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

EvilBetty

Yeah on BBC America, but they are aired WAY after you guys see them.  Still waiting for them to start up over here.

Which Nisan was that he was racing with the train over in Tokyo several episodes ago?
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Yeah on BBC America, but they are aired WAY after you guys see them.  Still waiting for them to start up over here.

Which Nisan was that he was racing with the train over in Tokyo several episodes ago?

that was the GTR; it's on U Tube too.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

cosmo

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Do you guys get BBC "Top Gear" on TV over there?  Clarkson drove one in one episode

Here,

there are a couple of other clips too, just search Clarkson GTR

Yup, we get it here, and there are more than a few of us who "get it", full stop.
Botswana 'race' my personal fave, but I laugh like a hyena at points in every show.

Wonder if, when it's late at night and quiet as a church on Tuesday, if you can still hear an early Z rust....

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

abruzzi

Quote from: "cosmo"Yup, we get it here, and there are more than a few of us who "get it", full stop.
Botswana 'race' my personal fave, but I laugh like a hyena at points in every show.

The Botswana race was brilliant.  I loved the old mercedes.  My other favorite was the recent trip across vietnam.  It's the only time you'll see Clarkson on a motorcycle (scooter actually.)  And the way he treated that bike--just letting it fall over when he dismounted it.

Geof

brad1098

Got to see a GTR up close and in person at a small dealership in Temple TX last may.  Very cool is an understatement.  I still dont know why it was there, sitting in the lot next to the other cars not inside and out of reach.  I was doing my usual after-hours snooping so I got to gawk   :love10   and drool all over the beast without the salesman over my shoulder.

All I can say is someday baby and why do all the rednecks around here want another vette?  So you can have the 10th one in town?

Oh sorry for the thread hijack Geof.  Way cool find.  My uncle had a 280Z, 20 years ago.  An incredible, rare, little car.  Around here there were only a few to begin with,  all of which fell prey to the salt and rust. My prediction is they will be on Barrett Jackson in 10 more years or less as a true collectible.

His old car is still in the pasture down the road a bit.  If you need any parts, I know the guy who owns it.  It could have that rare cassette tape deck you been wanting to rock out with. :headbang
02 black-Lorna

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "cosmo"Botswana 'race' my personal fave, but I laugh like a hyena at points in every show.

If you haven't seen the Vietnam "bike" ride yet, you'll enjoy that too  :lol:

I'm fed up seeing GTR's here, the speed limit is 90 km/h for God's sake, move the bloody things away from the illegal parking in front of Starbucks for crying out loud you bunch of sorry poseurs. Nothing against proper petrol heads mind, just the local more money than brains locals  :x
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Only see the odd one or two round here.  I like the idea that the GPS knows when you've driven off the public road onto private roads such as a track and removes the 155mph speed limiter... :lol:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Only see the odd one or two round here.  I like the idea that the GPS knows when you've driven off the public road onto private roads such as a track and removes the 155mph speed limiter... :lol:

That's an interesting idea  :?: I went to the Turf Club with a Guzzi friend on Fri and used the GPS as I'd never been there before. When we got inside the nice lady said "Navigate Off Road to destination"  8)  show me some dirt baby  :lol:

Sat at Starbucks was the usual line up of GTR's and pimped Scoobies all with Hienz bean cans for exhausts. They get away with it but if any of us take the tubes out of our bikes we get tugged  :x

If I don't see a Lambo or Ferrari on the way to or from work (12km either way) it's either a bad day or raining  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint