News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

955i Tiger Race cans on eBay

Started by tokalosh, December 02, 2009, 06:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tokalosh

Some of the threads were old and I thought I'd share this link as well as asking a question....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Anyone know how large these are in their packaged state???  

I was hoping to get this shipped to a friend in UK and they could bring it back to Canada with them.

Too much trouble, or totally worth the hassle?

-S

ps.  just heard about Stretch.  Glad you're ok!
you guys made me think of Johnny Cash's "One Piece at a Time"--reconstructing a Tiger from parts... ;)
common sense just ain\'t so common these days
-------------------------------------------
\'06 Farkled Girly
(\'93 K75)
(\'95 Honda Sahara 350)

EvilBetty

Did you ask them if and how much to ship to you?  I've found most of the UK dealers WILL ship overseas, and if they do it often enough have very reasonable shipping fees.

Seems if the ship a few parcels a day out of the country, they get a pretty steep discount.

They come in a box not too much bigger than the exhaust...  7x11x34 (inches).  Well under 10 pounds.

RANT - Sorry I'd give you all of that in metric by my stupid country thinks it more beneficial to round down and go bilingual than round up and convert to a standard unit of measure. - END RANT
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

tokalosh

No, it's a UK sale and from the shipping details on eBay, they ship as far as the EU.

Also, the customs and duties on parcels arriving here in Canada is nothing short of ridiculous, so getting a friend to bring it with their luggage is an option worth pursuing.  

115 GBP sounds like a good deal--only 5 left!
common sense just ain\'t so common these days
-------------------------------------------
\'06 Farkled Girly
(\'93 K75)
(\'95 Honda Sahara 350)

EvilBetty

I know that's what their site states, but I've persuaded many UK sellers to ship to me, especially commercial ones.

I'm not sure how much UK-CA rates differ from UK-USA rates, but that can from a private seller would probably cost $120USD to ship to me, but from a business that ships to the USA often it could cost as little as $25.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

John Stenhouse

Worth it, the can sounds great, but as it says you need a re map. Mine was £200 about five years ago so the price is good. Have to say I'm tempted for my 05 in Canada, how much space has your friend got in his luggage  :lol:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting