News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TOPBOX WANTED

Started by jphish, December 08, 2009, 04:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jphish

my 06 silver Tiger needs topbox - will consider other colors since they do make silver paint. PS: does the box also need new rack to mount on, or will existing version work ??

walker

if you have the original triumph rack, then the triumph top box fits right on there.

jphish

It appears to be the stock rack. Thanks, that helps. j

John Stenhouse

Checked with the local Triumph dealer and it does seem as if the dipshits at Triumph have discontinued the Girly luggage.
He did say he could ring the factory and check if there was any lying in a warehouse anywhere, if anyone is that desparate let me know and I will get him to search.

Other than that it's e bay I guess
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

EvilBetty

That must be recent.  They had everything but the Lucifer Orange top box lid (what I needed / still need)  when I checked back in July.

There's a blue top box on eBay right now in the UK.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

There is a red one here in the US.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph- ... 2ea99484a6

I almost had a fit when I saw that last one.  I thought for sure it was Lucifer Orange.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

johnnyadventurepants

I wouldn't try to get a stock top box if I were you.  I would suggest just getting a black or black/silver box from GIVI, Coocase, Shad etc.  My reasoning is this:

1) you can switch the box in between bikes
2) if you sell your bike, keep the box (your bike isn't worth any more with it on- you won't get your money back for it)
3) I think aftermarket luggage is a little better quality

When I got my yellow Girly, I was trying really hard to get a matching top box too, but I started out with a cheap black one:

I think it matches the bike great as the seat is black as well as the inside of the stock panniers.  I just ordered the GIVI 55 liter monster top box!  Competition Accessories had flat black ones for 225 shipped.  That is by far the cheapest I've ever seen them (usually around 330) and it was cheaper than the 46 or 52 liter ones.  I couldn't pass up the deal and now I get that little bit more space for trips that I needed.
\'99 Tiger 885i

EvilBetty

I have an E45 now.  Yes it's sturdy, watertight,  but I really like the looks of the factory top box.

No they don't greatly improve the price of the bike, but you can usually sell them a decent price separately.

Biggest motivator is that I bought a brand new top box (without the lid), and I kind of want to complete the package  if I can ever find a Lucifer Orange lid, or one in good enough shape to paint.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD