News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

It's a done deal! (happy happy joy joy)

Started by tazshido, January 17, 2010, 04:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazshido

After pondering what I really wanted, saving money to buy it, pondering some more, shopping, second guessing my decision, pondering some more and more shopping. I've found her. I like BRG (the color) But I definately wanted the 06 model year so I guess I'll learn to love the silver. Somebody had posted the craigslist on this bike in the for sale section but of course the seller removed it when we cut our deal. It's got some accessories (ok, farkles) :roll: 10,500 miles and well maintained. She's an Alaska veteran so maybe I'll let her show me around up there one of these days.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

tazshido

Well, no joy on posting a pic. I have no idea what I'm doing since I'm not using smugmug. The instructions on the sticky say to right click and look for "copy image location" and my right click doesn't show that. Any help would be appreciated.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Semper Fidelis

Mustang

Quote from: "tazshido"After pondering what I really wanted, saving money to buy it, pondering some more, shopping, second guessing my decision, pondering some more and more shopping. I've found her. I like BRG (the color) But I definately wanted the 06 model year so I guess I'll learn to love the silver. Somebody had posted the craigslist on this bike in the for sale section but of course the seller removed it when we cut our deal. It's got some accessories (ok, farkles) :roll: 10,500 miles and well maintained. She's an Alaska veteran so maybe I'll let her show me around up there one of these days.

you used the html code link from photobucket

won't work you need to paste the image code link
I went to your photobucket acct and don't know why your pics dont show the image code but if you click on the.more link for the photo it opens a window that shows all kinds of code links
open the third tab from the left  and one of them is web forum /message board
thats the one you want

tazshido

Thank you for throwing those pics up there. The second one you put up is the one I wanted to show.
The list of extras that I want to add above and beyond what it already has is;
Garmin Zumo 550 with XM antenna and a big SD card for tunes.
Touratech (I think) headlight guard.
Some Auxiliary lighting, not sure what yet.
Fabricate a vertical trailer hitch (yes you heard me right) tucked up under the rear fender, so I can pull one of those single wheeled trailers for camping gear.

I know, I know. Y'all probably think I've lost my marbles, but we want to do some family camping trips and the wife's scoot won't hold all her junk.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Semper Fidelis

jphish

FINE Looking Siberian & nicely farkled! Silver wasn't my first choice either...but couldn't find any low mileage 06's any other color. Now I'm rather fond of it. j

John Stenhouse

The list of farkles is missing two important additions, one, CRASH BARS, yes that was a shout! two, handguards.

Tiggers do like to lie down occasionally, being top heavy bastards theres no way to stop them when they do, avoid the expense and heartache get some guards fitted NOW!

Welcome to the board, great bike, good that you got the three boxes as they're no longer available from the factory!

Triumph can be dumb sometimes  :wink:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Mustang

John
looks like it already has some crash bars on it ..............

John Stenhouse

OOPPS! Sorry folks, new glasses needed  :oops:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

tazshido

Yep, the previous owner had some tabs welded to the main bar of the Crash guard and he modified some highway pags to fit. I'm still waiting on pics of the pegs.He said they were quite adjustible but I'm thinking that those tabs are a bit high for highway pegs. I have a long inseam so I may have to change the mounting a bit. The tabs ought to make a pretty good spot for some auxiliary lighting though.
    I'll fly into LAX and the owner will pick me up to take possession. I'm going to ride up to Anaheim to see my daughter and then I'll have to swing by Pahrump NV to see my folks on the way home. I'm going to take my time (thought about doing an Iron Butt) and enjoy the adventure. Hopefully I'll get to see some stuff I aint seen before.
    81 days to sweet freedom and the end to self enforced incarceration. My sanity is almost spent.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Semper Fidelis

ArcticTiger

:D You definately has something good to look forward to!! :D
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...