News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Do you ride your Tiger offroad?

Started by flux, December 22, 2009, 11:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

Wow Redbirds, that looks great - how much do I want to ride down those roads!! Where is this?  :D
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

flux

Nice shots, Redbirds.  Not many Tiger riders down there in Patterson are there?  ;)  

A lot of the people here in North GA see no reason to head south towards the swamps.  They don't know what they're missing.  I went to college in Valdosta and the area is great for our kind of riding.  

abruzzi

Quote from: "JetdocX"Tigers don't like air under the wheels!  If you intend to ride her on dirty roads, which I know you will because it's just too hard to resist, answer the question, Col. :D

What about this:

As for me:

and

Geof

JetdocX

Geof, that's Patrick, IIRC and he's a hero around these parts.  What the photo doesn't show is the landing.  That must have been like the end of the world.
 :lol:  :lol:
From parts unknown.

abruzzi

Yeah, the landing looked a bit scary...

Geof

flux

You guys know by now that there are not many places I'm smart enough to stay out of with my Tiger, but I jumped her one time and that was the last time.  Unlike Tigger, these things are not well sprung in the tail!  LOL

BiggerTigger

My steamer gets dirty.
I try to avoid loose sand and really soupy stuff, but otherwise, I'll give it a go!

redbirds

Quote from: "nickcalne"Wow Redbirds, that looks great - how much do I want to ride down those roads!! Where is this?  :D
The first two photos are of the road to my home in Patterson Georgia and the last is a road in Satilla Wildlife Management Area about five miles from home.
Living vicariously through myself.

Warrior Princess

I think my steamer is to high geared. What sprockets are you guys using off road in gravel and mud.

Thanks
I am a licensed life ins agent (0I48619). If you have any questions or need a free review of your policy let me know. I can also help you with annuities and annuities with a life time payout.

I am also a Quickbooks Accountant that can set-up, train, correct errors, prepare your books for your taxes

deepsouthtiger

This thread should be forwarded to every "Moto-journalist" who claims Tigers (and V-Stroms/Tenere/etc. etc.) are to heavy to ride off road.
The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits