News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

abruzzi - which one's better???

Started by aeronca, December 23, 2009, 06:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeronca

hey geof, just a quick question. now that you have had a Girly, and now a steamer, which on do you like best?????
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Nick Calne

...that's a loaded question!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

abruzzi

I liked them both.  The Girly is more refined, and I got much better mileage on the Girly (48-50mpg). The steamer usually delivers 35mpg.  This could be a tuning problem, but it seem to run fine.

The steamer is great, but needs more suspension tweaks--this could just be the age of the bike.  On the plus side I'm turning 60k on the steamer and it keeps running, it is a bit lower (at least it seems--might just be the cut of the seat) so is more manageable at lower speeds.  It also looks way cooler (just me).

I like them both, but I am happy with my steamer, though I'd like to improve the mileage.  I'm not looking to "upgrade" to a Girly.

Geof

Mustang

Quote from: "abruzzi"though I'd like to improve the mileage.  I'm not looking to "upgrade" to a Girly.

Geof
got Mikunis don't ya !

there is not a cure for the gas mileage except to ride like a little old lady and keep the speed a 55 or under ...........then you will start to see 45's

Keihins are not a lot better
ride it aggressive with Keihins and you are looking at 35 mpg

keihins on two lane roads at 45 to 55 mph I can see sometimes 55 mpg
keihins in the wind on the interstate at 75 mph and I am looking at 35 mpg 40 top's

abruzzi

Quote from: "Mustang"got Mikunis don't ya !

there is not a cure for the gas mileage except to ride like a little old lady and keep the speed a 55 or under

Where is the fun in that?

Geof

EDIT:  If I wanted to do that I'd trade my tiger for a KLR.

ramseybella

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "abruzzi"though I'd like to improve the mileage.  I'm not looking to "upgrade" to a Girly.

Geof
got Mikunis don't ya !

there is not a cure for the gas mileage except to ride like a little old lady and keep the speed a 55 or under ...........then you will start to see 45's

Keihins are not a lot better
ride it aggressive with Keihins and you are looking at 35 mpg

keihins on two lane roads at 45 to 55 mph I can see sometimes 55 mpg
keihins in the wind on the interstate at 75 mph and I am looking at 35 mpg 40 top's

Hey Mustang,

Keihins are about 35 mpg on my 98 but I run it at 70 mph to 80 mph on the highway and around 60 to 65 mph up and down mountain roads.
By the way I solved the problem getting my beast to start in the cold, First bought a sealed high output batterie Placed a Ceramic heater in font of the motor for about two hours with the cover on and within two to three cranks bam!!
She fires up but I do let it idle slow to let it climb to temp about 20 to 25 mins, don't want too break anything.
These cat's are cold blooded. :shock: