News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Near miss

Started by Bixxer Bob, January 03, 2010, 10:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

I watched this hot air balloon land within feet of high power cables on the A47 near Peterborough today. Oh, and my wife Jackie took the photos, I was driving.

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

coachgeo

yikes either good piloting or very bad
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Bixxer Bob

He dragged across two fields, about 3/4 mile, at about 15 feet up before dumping it really quickly before the power cables.  His ground crew were in a lane close by so I guess he was trying to reduce the distance they had to lug the thing and only saw the cables at the last minute, although his crew should have radioed him.  Doesn't explain why he went so close to the road though. :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I watched this hot air balloon land within feet of high power cables on the A47 near Peterborough today.

That'd be just before it started snowing then  :lol: wouldn't have had so much luck then  :shock:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

It was between snowfalls,  the last lot had just about gone before the next lot landed.  A week on it's just starting to thaw.  When I went out to the truck this morning the snow that had fallen from my boots to the floor was still there, still frozen.  Never had that happen before.

Sin_Tiger

The tracks I made pushing (slipping & sliding) the roadie out of the garage, and promptly back in  :shock: two weeks ago are still there encased in the ice like dinosaur bones.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"It was between snowfalls,  the last lot had just about gone before the next lot landed.  A week on it's just starting to thaw.  When I went out to the truck this morning the snow that had fallen from my boots to the floor was still there, still frozen.  Never had that happen before.

Another couple of inches last night. Don't get me wrong, the child in me loves the snow and I love the challenge of driving in this weather, but the fun's wearing off and I'm going stir crazy - haven't ridden since early November. :BangHead

Nick Calne

Agreed.  I'm sick of not being able to ride.  I'm finding I'm dreaming about riding in the sun most nights... cabin fever :new_all_coholic
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"the fun's wearing off and I'm going stir crazy -  :BangHead

QuoteI'm dreaming about riding in the sun most nights... cabin fever

I know exactly what you mean, God only knows how the guys who have to put up with this on a regular basis cope. When the wife dropped me off at the airport on Sat there were tears in my eyes, if she knew what was going through my head she would have gubbed me  :oops:  :evil:

Nick Calne

:ImaPoser

Better hope she doesn't read that!!!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?