News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Triumph Tiger 955i 955 i Factory Side Trunks & Brackets

Started by EvilBetty, January 10, 2010, 12:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilBetty

There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

SethTiger

I bought those bags on e-bay this summer. I paid over 400.00 shipped.
When they arrived there was a crack-hole in side of one bag.
The guy who packed them put the brackets inside the hardbag.
Long story short I sent back for full refund, thanks to paypal.
When he sent to me he didnt include the bracket that connects to the rear footpeg.

Bixxer Bob

It would be difficult to do a really good repair on something like that.  What I'd do is turn the repair into a feature, ie make it really obvious that it's been repaired, maybe a riveted patch - done neatly, I'm not saying do a crap job, so it's a talking point, like "how'd you come to crack your pannier"? sort of thing.

OMHO... :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

cosmo

I get it. And you'll need a really cracking story to go with the repair, something that takes about a half-hour to tell, just so folks won't ask to hear it all the time   :mrgreen:

I have, at times, had a few with 'talking points'. Always fun. Like the Honda 400F with Royal Enfield tank transfers..claimed it was a prototype, etc. etc.

Or the 650/4 with '175' badges on the sidecovers. Just sit back and listen to the comments...

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

EvilBetty

Some guys have had VERY good luck with this stuff.
http://plastex.home.att.net/

Bixxer Bob

Ahhh BUT,, then you need to paint it.  And you know as much as anyone how much fun that's gonna bring  :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

EvilBetty

If it's really buggered up, yeah paint kills it.  But if it's a small repair and a bottle of touch up will clean it up it's worth while.

SethTiger

I think if you could get these bags for a good price they might be worth it.
I had my friend who worked at body shop look at them when I had them,(before I sent back) said that he could patch and paint them for about $225.00 He said that the patch would still show on the inside.

I am so glad I sent them back . I just bought a set of panniers and brackets for $220.00 shipped. Need to paint them though.

Other than the crack, these bags are in good condition, but make sure the guy is including all hardware. Like I said earlier, when he sent them to me he didnt sent the rear peg brackrts.

EvilBetty

The panniers I bought in October where shipped the same way.  Brackets and key inside one of the panniers.  Miracle though the cases were not damaged by them banging around.  The key was nearly broken off though since it was in the lock :(