News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tigers on Black Bear Pass, Colorado?

Started by johnnyadventurepants, January 17, 2010, 06:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyadventurepants

I know it's tough, but surely its been done.  Anyone have any links? I can't find anything as far as Tigers.  Planning on doing it this Sept.
\'99 Tiger 885i

John Stenhouse

Where is it? What is it? And can we have some pictures please for us plebs across the pond?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

johnnyadventurepants

Here's some pics here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68395

It's in the San Juan Range in SW Colorado.  It's probably the most famous, but hardly ever done on a big bike.
\'99 Tiger 885i

John Stenhouse

Ah I see, Mucho good pics there. That looks like fun on a good day.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

macgart

Looks like that comes out on Lizard Head Pass, am I correct?

That's some pretty intense country up there.  I think I'd prefer a smaller bike for that type of riding.  Yes, I'm a bit of a puss, I don't want to mess up my beautiful Girly.

That country makes me want a Husky 610.   :5moped  :pottytrain2
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

jonathan jaecks

For stuff around Telluride, Silverton, Ouray, Gunnison, etc. you really should set your bike up for either tarmac twisties or dirt/rocks to get the most out of it.  I've ridden (road bike, moutain bike, motorbike), camped, backpacked, climbed around that are for over 15 years and I think it's quite possibly the best outdoor play area in the country.  The roads are fantastic, and will use up all of your available attention...as will the offroad.  Much of the offroad stuff is doable on a big bore but I would seriously consider re-gearing your tiger and putting on real dirt rubber with big tread blocks...might want a little more front fender clearance (Girly).  For the road riding around there the Anakee's do just fine but the tiger would benefit from more road specific rubber.

Check out Hwy 550 from Durango/Silverton/Ouray, the North rim of the Black Canyon (spectacular), and the short but near vertical Crystal Road.

Jonathan

Danno88

ADV Rocky Mountain Adventure Rally (RMAR) in South Fork, CO.  July 28th-Aug 1st.  Up to 100 of us now.  Get there.  Got my Girly bilt for some dirt!  (Except the fender clearance, Plan A is a skinny stick)
Danno88

04 Tiger 955i
02 Yamaha FJ1200