News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Replace brake pedal??

Started by tett, November 18, 2009, 12:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tett

Having put about 500km on my new to me 06 Tiger I find that I just need a bigger (longer) rear brake pedal.  Just too awkward to twist my boot in to find the little guy.

Anyone else do this?  

How does the current round aluminium pedal come off?  It looks like it is simply swagged in place.

Thanks!

tett
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

Chris Canning

There's a little plastic insert that covers the allen key,prise it out with a smalll screw driver and then it unscrews,you just have to disconnect from the arm to the brake cylinder,look for a rear brake pedal off an earlier Tiger from 99 to 04,they are bigger.

How do i know all this?? went the other way,as the later one looks better,but my foot is always slipping off of it :oops: .

tett

Mine is different.  No plastic cap.  The rear brake pedal is one piece and simply swagged in place.  Need to drill it out.  ALso need to fins better pedal.  May just make one out of a piece of SS tubing.

tett

Quote from: "Chris Canning"There's a little plastic insert that covers the allen key,prise it out with a small screw driver and then it unscrews,you just have to disconnect from the arm to the brake cylinder,look for a rear brake pedal off an earlier Tiger from 99 to 04,they are bigger.

How do i know all this?? went the other way,as the later one looks better,but my foot is always slipping off of it :oops: .
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

Chris Canning

tazshido

Here's an idea. Find a piece of aluminum tubing that will fit over the stocker's pedal part (the part you step down on) and drill and tap the tubing to accept a set screw. Slip it over the stock part and use lock-tight on the set screw. Conversely you could simply use a metal epoxy like metal-set to simply glue an extension tube on.
   My personal favorite is finding whatever you want on the end of the lever and taking the whole thing to a good welding shop and have it permanently added.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis