News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fags

Started by JetdocX, November 06, 2009, 04:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Stenhouse

If you ride a Harley in France, does it go pomme de terre, pomme de terre, pomme de terre?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Medic09"Other than noise and chrome, how do they stand out?

Converting petrol into noise and vibration without the inconvenience of power  :lol:

That's it, I am down loading some of that soundtrack to an MP3 file, sticking a little player with a speaker on my dash so that when a cement mixer pulls up next to me at the lights I can switch it on and get that authentic "Blubb Blubb Blubb Blubb" sound  :ImaPoser
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

aeronca

Quote from: John StenhouseIf you ride a Harley in France, does it go pomme de terre, pomme de terre, pomme de terre?

wee wee :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sasquatch

When asked when I am going to buy a 'real bike' from a Fag, I respond one of a few ways:

"I'll buy a Harley when I cant handle a bike with any real performance"

"I'm sorry, my dick is too big to ride a Harley."

"Tried one once, got tired of pushing it home from rides."

"Sorry, I want to ride, not sit at a bar polishing chrome and stroking my ego."

"When did Harley start making real bikes?"

EvilBetty

Quote from: "Sasquatch""When did Harley start making real bikes?"

They started an experiment 1993, but recently abandoned it.  Apparently there were not enough chrome options for the Buell bikes :)
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

abruzzi

Q: What is the difference between a Hoover and a Harley?

A: The Hoover only holds one dirtbag.

Q: How are Harleys similar to puppies?

A: They both leave puddles where ever they go, and like to ride around in the back of pickups.

-----

FYI, I have nothing against Harleys, it's just that there are some amusing jokes out there.

Geof

oxnsox

Well haven't seen the SP episode because the link says I'm not allowed to view it yet.....

But do have a mate who a year ago bought a couple of Harleys for he and his Girl. Eight months on he traded hers on a Triumph Scrambler (the new one with the 270deg crank)... for himself.

Now he only rides the XR1200 (which is a nice Harley) for a rush, and that'd be no more than a few hours. This year he's Touring on Triumph and even leaving his old Bandit in the shed. He's over riding concrete pumps, but I doubt he'll let it go.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Albert Blue

Link now works.  Stand by to laugh your ass off for 20 mins.

zombie

Friggin great
straight man who might buy a harley?
bi-curious

EvilBetty

"No sir, I'm not a Fag yet, I'm just bike-curious".

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Nick Calne

Very Very Funny.  

Have a look at this http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531546

It's fagtastic, but there are some old triumphs in there.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

I love seeing HD at shows, warms my heart to know that's a few more that're not on the road anymore  :lol:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

cosmo

If anyone ever asks, I tell 'em I prefer a bike from a company with some real experience, not some 'up and comer' like H-D. Triumph's been bolting two -wheelers together since 1885.

Possibly humourous: in 1987 I joined the local HOG with a Sprint (Aermacchi 250).  A few understood, but to those that gave me shit, I just offered to let them pass me 'round some of the local bendy bits: no one ever succeeded, that Sprint, old as it was (1967), STILL handled better than what was on offer from H-D in 1987.

Or I was completely insane.

Cosmo
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Colonel Nikolai

I've waxed snark on HD on this forum before. But I wasn't always like that. I tolerated HD because of Buell. Now that they killed that, I just find the bikes pointless. They are NOT comfortable to ride. They are NOT nearly as safe as they could be with even a little effort: they cannot maneuver well. They give all biking a bad name with the amount of noise they make. Finally, the arrogance of the typical owner is too much: driving a chromed up, overpriced Chevy Citation and act like they're driving a Corvette or something, it's just so silly.

That being said, the fact is that since losing 85% of their sales in the last year, we could easily see a company like Harley go under in 18 months. That would make me a little sad because there are so few bikemakers that are American and I don't like that. On the other hand, if HD going under means Polaris could rekindle Buell, then where do I sign up to get rid of Harley?
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

tazshido

I rode my '94 CBR600 to a motorcycle rally a couple years ago. I signed up to take a demo ride on a Thunder Mountain Customs bike. I'll always burn somebody else's gas on somebody else's bike when I get a chance. The ride was OK, the bike had phenomenal handling at parking lot speeds but I thought it lacked power for a speedy ride. Upon my return the demo guy asked what I thought. I told him, "If it was $15,000 instead of $29,000 AND you installed a Screaming Eagle to give it decent power, I might be interested". He looked at me as if I had a wiener growing out of my forehead and told me that the bike did indeed have a stage III Screaming Eagle big bore engine. I walked away laughing!
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis