News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer airbox mods

Started by RedMenace, August 07, 2004, 05:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedMenace

I was up at Joels( he uses no last name) yesterday and we were messing around with his Tiger. He took off the intake boxes aft of the main filter box, taped one side shut, taped a snorkel to the other side, turned so it was inside the cavity in front of the battery box and went for a test ride. It appears to work fine!  He plans to leave all the extra pieces off and see how it goes. THis should put the intake in much cleaner air. Sorry the pix I took are on film and the rol isn't done yet.
The Red Menace

RedMenace

here are some pictures:
The Red Menace

Deltabox

If he opens up both snorkels, raises the jet needles one notch and replaces the main jets with those from the 100HP Triumphs (say, Daytona 900), it will improve fuel consumption, top speed and throttle response, while losing a barely noticable amount of low-end torque (there was bound to be drawback, wasn't there  :wink: )

I did this on mine and IMO it's definately an improvement over stock.
Red T400 (\'94)

Also: FZR 600 (\'91)

RedMenace

Joels bike had the jetting changes done long ago and it goes like stink. You couldn't tell there was any loss of low end pull by the wheelies he regularly does past my house :lol:

I have both my snorkels open, but have them choked back down with prefilters so don't need to rejet. The prefilters catch some of the dirt before it gets to the main filter, reducing my need to get the damn thing out for cleaning.
The Red Menace