News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wiring diagram for 885 (steamer)Tiger.

Started by lotuselanplus2s, January 25, 2010, 10:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lotuselanplus2s

Good day all,firstly i'm new here so bear with me,i recently was given a Triumph Tiger 900 engine and wiring harness,its the early 885 cc engine,the harness is nearly complete and i've got the Ignition box with the coils,i'm using it in a custom bike,what i wish to do is make my own simplified harness,easy enough buy my coils aren't on the harness and i've no idea where they go,quite a few connections here and i dont have a wiring diagram to help me sort out what goes where,i've searched online and given up,i'd apreciate it if someone here has it and could e-mail it to me,thanks in advance guys and ride safe. :D
Anthony M Hinds.

aeronca

that thing looks like it will be pretty cool when its done.  my hanes manual has one in ther back, but i dont have a scaner. im sure some one here on the site can get you picture of it though. dont give up, we can help you here 8)
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

lotuselanplus2s

Thanks and any help would be greatfully apreciated,even a photo with a digital camera ,would be better than i am now. :D
Anthony M Hinds.

JetdocX

I have a manual at home.  I'll check back tonight after work and post a picture if no one has done so already.
From parts unknown.

Mustang

sent the wire diagram to him by email already  :D

lotuselanplus2s

Firstly thanks a lot Mustang for the diagram,Its been a great help,however i still have a couple of queries,As i see it#27 is the ignition coils as you said and the ignition coils also,the Red wire is common to the coils and the CDI box as it is the Posative ignition feed,The wires coming from the CDI box,P/U and Bk go to #30 and i think its the ignition sensor,BK/Y is the negative wire to the CDI box,i cant see where Gr/W go to in the dia and also i cant see where Bk/Bl go to,can you tell me what #48 #49,#50,#50.  Could you possibly send me the KEY to the dia,i'm lost without it, Would it be possible to photo it with a digital cam so i can save it to my documents,when i try to save it all i am saving is a lot of code,no photo,maybe post it to this Discussion ,might be of use to others,Thanks again and sorry for being such a pain,lol. :D  :roll:  :wink:
Anthony M Hinds.

Mustang

I will rescan it and the key and send them as jpg attachments

lotuselanplus2s

Well thanks again goes to Mustang for his invaluable help in sending me the Diagram and key in jpeg format,its a great help.Infact i might be able to use the whole harness now.lol.thanks for the help guys ,its why i've had triumph written on my heart since i was 4 years old (my Dad ,passed away,used to drop me to school on his Tiger Cub),that was 40 years ago and nothing else speaks to me like a Triumph,I do have his Cub,and his 500cc Tiger still,i also have a modded custom  650cc Thunderbird,(2) 750cc Bonneville,I also have a 250cc BSA Shootingstar, I sold my Norton Commando,wasn't nearly as reliable as the Bonnies,too much fell off,lol.I do have a Suzuki     Marauder,sweet bike but its mainly to piss off the Harley crowd when the cruisers go riding,must get them pissed trying to catch a lowly 800cc jap bike with those hulking big 1300cc jugernaughts. :D  :evil:  :roll:  :wink:  :oops:
Anthony M Hinds.