News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Heated Grips

Started by Buffalo, January 28, 2010, 03:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo

I have an '05 Girly with factory heated grips and a Throttlemeister...
Problem that developed recently is that when the grip heaters are on high for 5 minutes or so the throttle starts sticking (working stiff). The longer the heaters are on the stiffer it gets. It just started doing this recently and I haven't changed anything.
Anybody else run into this? I am thinking it may just need taken apart and some cleaning and lube on the throttle tube, but has been too miserably cold to do much outside lately. Just looking for some ideas on what to look for when I do get to it.
\'05 Tiger 955i
74 Suzuki GT550

John Stenhouse

Mine did this, it's the grip expanding and sticking on the bar end weight. Either get the end weight turned down a bit which is what I did, or put a big plastic washer between the two.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Buffalo

Thanks, I'll give it a try when the weather clears.
\'05 Tiger 955i
74 Suzuki GT550

blacktiger

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Mine did this, it's the grip expanding and sticking on the bar end weight. Either get the end weight turned down a bit which is what I did, or put a big plastic washer between the two.

Not sure what good a big plastic washer between the two will do. It will surely make things worse.

The simplest and cheapest and quickest remedy for this is to remove the bar end weight and slip a washer over the bolt and reinstall. That will set the bar end outward and free up the grip.
Sorted.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

EvilBetty

That last tip was actually included in the instructions for my grips.  And included the washer.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD