News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

whos a numpty then?

Started by Timbox2, January 31, 2010, 09:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

So, not really riding weather today, but thought Id have a look round the new steed today and accustom myself to certain things, also thought I would have a look at what sort of charging volts Im getting.

So out to the bike, alarm off, key in, ign on, clutch in( I remembered), no touchy throttle, thumb switch, er,er,er,er,er,er, nothing. Couple more tries and the battery is already getting low, bugger.

Jump leads out, connect to car, try again, er,er,er........................double bugger, whats wrong?

Yep, you guessed, in gear. TWAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
2016 Tiger Sport

tett

Well then I am a double TWAT!

Went out and installed heated grips.  Just had to throw the battery in (My Girly is sleeping for the winter)  to test if the grips were heating or not.

Then as I was about to remove the battery I just had to fire her up.  Made sure she was in neutral, turned the key on and all lit up.  Pressed the starter button and nothing.  Huh?  Tried another time and then decided to go back into the house.  Removed the battery and said good night to my Girly.

Only later did I realize that I did not pull the clutch in!  DUH.  :oops:   I still need to get used to this.  All my other bikes, including my current Valkyrie, did not require the clutch being pulled in for the bike to start as long as the bike is in neutral.

Cheers,

tett

Quote from: "Timbox2"So, not really riding weather today, but thought Id have a look round the new steed today and accustom myself to certain things, also thought I would have a look at what sort of charging volts Im getting.

So out to the bike, alarm off, key in, ign on, clutch in( I remembered), no touchy throttle, thumb switch, er,er,er,er,er,er, nothing. Couple more tries and the battery is already getting low, bugger.

Jump leads out, connect to car, try again, er,er,er........................double bugger, whats wrong?

Yep, you guessed, in gear. TWAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
98 Valkyrie
71 Commando
06 Tiger

Timbox2

Nice to know Im not the only one who has "Senior Moments"
2016 Tiger Sport