News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

If you have a Scott Oiler, where did you mount the RMV?

Started by MIMbox, January 31, 2010, 09:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIMbox

I have just won a used system from eBay, and wondered if anyone had any experince of fitting them to a Steamer, and if so, do you think there worth the effort?

NeilD

mine came with one fitted, but the vaccuum pipe wasnt connected to the carb and the rest of the tubing was a bit '2nd hand' so took it off... might have a go at putting it back on as the chain seemed quite well lubed, so mustve worked at some point..!  :)

anyway, on mine the resevoir was mounted on a little 'L' bracket attached to the water hose cover on the lefthand side of the engine? seemed quie a reasonable place so will probably reuse that..

Sin_Tiger

I'm interested in this too.

There was one fitted but disconnected at both ends  :icon_scratch when I got her. I didn't find out till we started stripping her down, that's how deep in the guts the RMV was hidden, so somewhere a bit more accessible will be sought during rebuild.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"I'm interested in this too.

There was one fitted but disconnected at both ends  :icon_scratch when I got her. I didn't find out till we started stripping her down, that's how deep in the guts the RMV was hidden, so somewhere a bit more accessible will be sought during rebuild.

Invest in the remote touring kit.  The whole caboogle inc the RMV then goes behind the numberplate and the huge reservior only needs filling up very three or four months.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

+1............ and they look fairly tidy and don't clutter up the bike  :thumbsup

John Stenhouse

+2, they're the mutts
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

You've convinced me  :D , by the time I pi$$ about trying to get the old one going, relocate it, fit a lube tube, dual injector etc. after all I'd just spend the money on Gin otherwise  :new_all_coholic

Strange thing is I was intending to do that on the Vara but don't do that many miles in one shot, so, good excuse to give her some stick when she's back on the road  :5moped
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"..... I'd just spend the money on Gin otherwise  :new_all_coholic

Since folks found out I like a drop o' gin I tend to get more in Xmas and birthday prezzies than I can get through (does that sound like a complaint?).  At last count I had 4.5 litres in the cabinet,  Hendricks (distilled in Glasgow) being my favourite although Tanqueray is up there too.

Warm Sunday afternoons - Moto GP on Eurosport with Toby Moody and Julian Ryder commentating and a pint of G&T on ice... perfect!!!

I make it by the pint as it saves on trips to the kitchen... :oops:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I make it by the pint as it saves on trips to the kitchen... :oops:

Big house then Bob?  :lol:

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "rf9rider"
Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"I make it by the pint as it saves on trips to the kitchen... :oops:

Big house then Bob?  :lol:

No, quite the opposite, our place is tiny... I'm just lazy...  :)

rybes

scottoiler gets thumbs up from me. had one on me biuke f years, altho it aint runnin at the mo. chain tightenin was reduced considerably and i used it everday for years. mus be up too 10000 on the chain n sprockets now  :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Bixxer Bob

For someone that joined in 2005 you're kinda quiet ain't ya? Chuck your hat in, get to know folks... :wink:

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"At last count I had 4.5 litres in the cabinet,  Hendricks (distilled in Glasgow) being my favourite although Tanqueray is up there too.

It is very nice stuff, quite a different taste.

QuoteFor someone that joined in 2005 you're kinda quiet ain't ya? Chuck your hat in, get to know folks... Wink

Yeah, come in and have a G & T, Bob's got plenty  :lol:

Gone a bit OT, so ............... I wonder if it's possible to rig up a Sottoiler as a gin dispenser  :roll:  :wink: