News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Started by tazshido, January 26, 2010, 03:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tazshido

I can't believe how close I came to buying a $13,000 overfarkled 2006 Roadliner. I SO would not have been happy with that in the long term. As for looking forward to coming home, YEAH! Not only is my pretty little (14 years younger than me) wife and 6 year old son waiting for me, but I already have a MSF BRC refresher, two rallies and an Iron Butt ride around Wyoming planned. I'm going to be riding, a lot!
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

Mustang

Quote from: "tazshido"I can't believe how close I came to buying a $13,000 overfarkled 2006 Roadliner. I SO would not have been happy with that in the long term. As for looking forward to coming home, YEAH! Not only is my pretty little (14 years younger than me) wife and 6 year old son waiting for me, but I already have a MSF BRC refresher, two rallies and an Iron Butt ride around Wyoming planned. I'm going to be riding, a lot!
just remember that the pretty little wife and 6 year old need some attention too  :thumbsup

macgart

Good for you!  Glad you found a great bike.

Stay safe while you're a short-timer.  Too close now to take any chances.  Have a safe ride home and here's to you having good weather.   :occasion14
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

tazshido

Quote from: "Mustang"just remember that the pretty little wife and 6 year old need some attention too  :thumbsup

The pretty little wife will get all the attention she wants and can stand :wink: And I'm sure I will find my son on the back seat of the Tiger in short order. He already owns a good helmet. :5moped
Felis Tigris Argentum

Semper Fidelis

Mustang

tazshido

Quote from: "tazshido"
Quote from: "Mustang"just remember that the pretty little wife and 6 year old need some attention too  :thumbsup

The pretty little wife will get all the attention she wants and can stand :wink: And I'm sure I will find my son on the back seat of the Tiger in short order. He already owns a good helmet. :5moped

Turns out that the pretty little wife has had all she can stand already. I just got the "Dear John" letter. Seems like I'll be single again and I'll have a buttload of time to ride and spend with my son. At least I'll still have a reason for the tiger tattoo on my back that was put there for HER. Ain't life a MutherF@c&er!
And no, I'm not joking. :cry:
Felis Tigris Argentum

Semper Fidelis

Mustang

Bixxer Bob

Sorry to hear that Taz.

Just sitting here running thoughts through my head trying to find some words that convey what I want to say without putting my foot in my mouth, but without knowing you, the lady, or how it happened it's quite hard.

Life can be crappy sometimes, just when you're on a high it can kick the stilts away; but then just as often you can be in a hole and it'll throw you a rope.

Bounce back for the lad.

And take CARE of YOURSELF.  :?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

tazshido

The pretty little (soon to be ex) wife is being very good about it. She has offered 50/50 custody, all child expenses shared, an equitable asset split that I can live with and she's still assisting me in buying my Tiger. I'll probably end up helping her find her Ridley in a couple of years.  :5moped
   As fate would have it though, as soon as I started telling friends about the impending split I started getting offers (3) from ladies I've known for years, and never realized they were interested :wink: . I've told them that I'm a confirmed bachelor forever now and they still want a piece of me so life may still be good! 8)  I'm not letting this get me down.
   Now I'm going home and grabbing up some project bikes! I have 10 Semesters of free tuition coming at any Wyoming College and I'm going to learn how to weld, do body work and paint. It's time to live the rest of my life the way I want to.  :occasion14
Felis Tigris Argentum

Semper Fidelis

ArcticTiger

Yes. Hard when it storms, but seen in retrospect, it may be the right thing.
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "tazshido"...   As fate would have it though, as soon as I started telling friends about the impending split I started getting offers (3) from ladies I've known for years, and never realized they were interested...

When going through it I too was surprised at the number of single mums came looking for a source of income... or am I just cynical??? :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

tazshido

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"
Quote from: "tazshido"...   As fate would have it though, as soon as I started telling friends about the impending split I started getting offers (3) from ladies I've known for years, and never realized they were interested...

When going through it I too was surprised at the number of single mums came looking for a source of income... or am I just cynical??? :roll:

In this instance you're just cynical. One, yes, I'm sure she was looking for a ready made Father and breadwinner. The other two have no children and make MORE money than I. Hell they ALL know I'm coming home unemployed and have my own kid. One of my first appointments is going to be at a urologists to set a date for a vasectomy. No more kidlets for me, thank you very much!
This is actually going to be my second (and last) divorce. I've been married for a total of 26 years. Strange! I can't seem to get past the 13 year mark in my marriages, coincidence? Probably not. I'm not being an a$$ here, and your advice is well taken. I'm all about protecting MY interests and my son's at this point. I'm not letting anymore "pretty little things" wiggle thier way into my life permanently again. Any woman who want's some of this better be ready to keep her own place because my house is going to be a two man bachelor pad now.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Semper Fidelis

oxnsox

Damn I must've done something badly wrong.... missed out on the single 40's chasing me when it was my turn.

Two lots of 13 years, interesting, apparently the 13-14 year mark is quite a common time for these sort of lifestyle changes internationally. Thats when I was 'voted off the island'.  :D
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

aeronca

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  wtf. sorry to hear about the trouble bro.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "tazshido"As fate would have it though, as soon as I started telling friends about the impending split I started getting offers (3) from ladies I've known for years, and never realized they were interested :wink: . I've told them that I'm a confirmed bachelor forever now and they still want a piece of me so life may still be good! 8)  I'm not letting this get me down.
   Now I'm going home and grabbing up some project bikes! I have 10 Semesters of free tuition coming at any Wyoming College and I'm going to learn how to weld, do body work and paint. It's time to live the rest of my life the way I want to.  :occasion14

I was feeling very sorry for you, nearly had me in tears :cry:.......... till I read further down  :shock: fortunately it ended in tears of laughter and now I am sitting here in envy  :roll: and quite perked up by your positive attitude  :icon_salut
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint