News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Started by tazshido, January 26, 2010, 03:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"...and now I am sitting here in envy  :roll:

You don't want her indoors reading that...  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

BigMark

I think this could be put in Wikipedia under "looking on the bright side"

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"
Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"...and now I am sitting here in envy  :roll:

You don't want her indoors reading that...  :lol:

Not unless I wan to be less envious quickly  :pottytrain2 I was of course referring to getting all that riding done after finding such a nice bike  :roll: Ahem!
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Medic09

Sorry to hear the news.  The immediately important thing is to stay sharp and get home safely.
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four

tazshido

Thanks to all. As I sit here in the middle east, rocking to Santana on my laptop, contemplating a promotion and looking forward to spending time with my son I find that, indeed, I'm looking on the bright side. EVEN BETTER, I found a job that will pay me 14.50/hour, $45 perdiem, hotels payed for and a very flexible schedule. It's only about 4 months of work but that should be enough time to prostitute myself out to another pimp,,,,I mean employer.
   She takes with her not only all the benifits of being married to her but all the angst and frustration too. But wait! There's more, she leaves for a military school this summer so I get the kid all to myself and he wants to ride with Daddy bad. Aidan and me and tigger makes three!
Felis Tigris Argentum

Est non aevum, est loginquitas!
Semper Fidelis

Bixxer Bob

What are you doing in the middle east then Taz???
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

tazshido

Well, technically, I'm supporting a war. We don't see much of the "war" though. Basically I am part of the Movement control team that makes sure Soldiers get into the theater of operations and leave when they are supposed to. Personnel cannot just hop a bus to get to the airport so my unit facilitates the transportation of people in and out of country. It's a very complicated ballet of logistics, movement and control of which I am just a tiny part.
And I'm just about sick of it. I am so ready to come home I can taste it!
Felis Tigris Argentum

Semper Fidelis

Bixxer Bob

Guessed as much, we call them "Movers".  My job (I'm just going through retirement) has involved working with the US element on and off since 9-11.  I watched the twin towers collapse on TV, and then not long after, with only a week's notice, found myself sat on my ass in the desert wondering "Why me"?

Never a dull moment etc.....

Although I'm happy to be leaving (getting too old and the arthritis doesn't help) I don't think I'll ever find anything else that measures up in terms of something worthwhile to do with my time.

tazshido

I came over here the first time, we were the first whole Marine unit into Saudi Arabia. The 82nd Airborne beat us in but arrived with 3 days food, water and ammo. So the Marines fed and equipped them.

This is the most ridiculous operation I've ever seen. We are so compartmentalized that nobody seems to know what's going on. If one cog fails the wheel falls apart. Add to that the fact that our leadership (National Guard) are not professional Soldiers and most of them have never been, and you have a recipe for disaster. Irregulars should never be used for this type of operation, they just aren't cut out for it. In 8 months time our Battalion has handed out 100 Article 15s (non-judicial punishments) They have NO leadership abilities and will not let the experienced NCOs run the show. Just imagine 50 monkeys trying to screw one football and you get the idea.

It's almost over now. Unfortunatly the stupidity has only just begun. Getting back home with these morons in charge will be an exercise in barely contained patience.  :BangHead
Felis Tigris Argentum

Semper Fidelis

Bixxer Bob

tazshido

We have about a week to be here and roughly two weeks till we're home. I return with bright hopes and a spring in my step. REALLY looking forward to my flight out to California (My old stomping grounds) and the 1500 or so mile ride home. It should be some real good therapy. I'm going to visit with my 21 year old daughter and stop off in Vegas to see my folks.
I will, of course, take copious photos and document my ride for a good ride report. Many thanks to all of you and this forum. It has been and continues to be one of my sanity saving devices.
After all, when you're 47 years old, 6'5", in shape, a well trained gentleman, and (by all reports) have a good sense of humor, who needs a wife? All I need is my riding buddies, my son and a couple of willing girlfriends and I'm in hog heaven. One of the gals that wants to make some time with me is a trained massage therapist, does it get any better than that?
Now all I need is to return to the 'States and win a lottery or something and it just couldn't get better.
Felis Tigris Argentum

Semper Fidelis

Bixxer Bob

Glad it's looking up  :wink:

Advwannabe

Wow, great attitude mate,

All the best with your boy, new job and Tigger

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "tazshido"After all, when you're 47 years old, 6'5", in shape, a well trained gentleman, and (by all reports) have a good sense of humor, who needs a wife? All I need is my riding buddies, my son and a couple of willing girlfriends and I'm in hog heaven. One of the gals that wants to make some time with me is a trained massage therapist, does it get any better than that?
Now all I need is to return to the 'States and win a lottery or something and it just couldn't get better.

"Always look on the bright side of life" Monty P, you brightened my day Bro, thanks  :D
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Advwannabe

Small addition Taz,

I'm sure you are still concentrating on your work at this stage but do stay focused.

I came closest to getting myself shot over there a couple of weeks before we outchopped, surrounded by friendly patrol vessels in a place I thought was safe.

Sorry to make this more serious, this post has been bouncing around in my head for a few days. You are, imagine in a pretty secure area, but this, combined with your thoughts turning more and more to home, increases your risk.

Stay sharp, you have a lot to come home to.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180