News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Popping on decel....

Started by flux, October 04, 2009, 03:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flux

The popping is fine, a better word would have been "banging".  

Just got back from FL and it is a lot better than it used to be, that's for sure, the current tune is the 'aftermarket exhaust without catalytic converter" tune.  We'll see.

Bixxer Bob

I richened up the low revs in the '73 tune (after market - late VIN) it pretty much reduced it to a burble on overrun now.  I'm waiting for a gas analyser to arrive then I'll know what's what.  I had a bit of luck on Ebay, got a 5 gas analyser in good working order for £45, these things cost about £3k new.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

SERadtke

Quote from: "ChazzyB"
Quote from: "flux"He put a call into Triumph and they said it IS going to pop and bang with the TOR can.  However, something I didn't know was that my bike was throwing a flame about a foot long when it was banging.  

Well, I for one like the crackling and popping and the thought of flames on the overrun is nearly making me wet myself with excitement.  :lol:

+1

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Shawn
<((()))><

Stupid people are PROOF that evolution is a hoax!

flux

Did about 500 miles this weekend and got very little in the way of banging so I am happy.  Just thought I'd let y'all know!  Cheers.

thefireweaver

I'm planning on tuning my Girly a bit fairly soon anyway, but if it didn't burble and spit a bit of flame on overrun, I'd just have to get it retuned right now so it did.  :D