News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Le Mans

Started by 955i Tiger UK, February 14, 2010, 08:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

955i Tiger UK

Was wondering if anyone has ridden down to le mans in the past for the 24hr race? i have always fancied it

Timbox2

Quote from: "955i Tiger UK"Was wondering if anyone has ridden down to le mans in the past for the 24hr race? i have always fancied it

Just go mate, its something else, Ive been a couple of times, Chris Canning on this forum goes pretty much every year I believe.

Youll need to get a move on booking ferries/ rooms etc, unless your into camping, but believe me the Le Mans campsites are , shall we say different, think Glastonbury crossed with Operation Desert Storm :shock:
2016 Tiger Sport

John Stenhouse

The bike 24 is a scream, can be a touch cold as it's April. The car event is awesome, went for nearly 20 years, met some great friends, had a wonderful time. Just go!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

The 24 hour in april is a way of life,pre global warming!! we've done some suffering on the way,but all part of the job.

Portmouth/St Malo thursday night,come back Caen/Portsmouth monday night.

Hotel is in central Le-Mans,and over the years pefected the technic of getting about without a bike,their strict on the blow in the bag,but with a new tram in place very civilised.

Geoff D

Been a couple of times, bloody brilliant mate, go...... I camped both times don't expect any sleep though...
The older I get the faster I was...