News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Planning a run on Highway 1 (Pacific Coast Highway)

Started by Colonel Nikolai, February 16, 2010, 02:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Nikolai

Booking a flight into SF airport on the last weekend in Feb. Plan to rent a Tiger 1050 from dubbleju motorcycle rental. Staying north of the bay.

I own a '96 Tiger and a '96 Sprint, but I've never ridden a Roadie. If you have some time and have some route to show off and don't mind riding with a someone who writes software for a living (we are a strange bunch), drop me a line: could be fun.

Cheers,

Nick
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Colonel Nikolai

*crickets*

:oops:

Well since nobody's listening anyway...

It's official. I'm booked to go

:wings  :wings  :wings  :wings

Join me on the corner of Bryant and 5th at high noon on the 26th for a run over the Palisades into the north coast country. Have your heart in your helmet. Thumping.  :twisted:

johnnyadventurepants

Take lots of pics and share!  I plan on riding down the coast to San Fran and back up to WA for the Tiger ride-in coming up in Sept.
\'99 Tiger 885i

Colonel Nikolai

I certainly will share the pictures, thanks!

John Stenhouse

Rats, I want to do that too, you could have waited a year, I would have joined you from Vancouver!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

ArcticTiger

How much is the rent for the bike? This could be fun to do one day, but with some more time for planning!
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

JetdocX

I might be in town that weekend...and I'm always up for a ride.  I hope the weather cooperates for you.

Traffic around here can be pretty scary at times.  Ride carefully.

If you're going to ride with me, you should be OK with lane splitting and occasional passes on the double yellow.   :wink:
From parts unknown.

John Stenhouse

Nice pics Nick, that Roadie does look a little tired!
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

MikeBenzon

Damn, Nick
If I would just read "Up and Coming" once in a while, I would have seen your post and made a point to show up. It looks like you had a good time anyway.
Mike Benzon
Burney CA
00 Suzuki DRZ 400S
05 Triumph Tiger Lucifer Orange
08 Harley Ultra Classic Anniversary Copper

http://fast87.smugmug.com/

Colonel Nikolai

No worries, I ended up being super busy anyway. I didn't even get a chance to meetup with jetdocx and I only got around 300 or so miles in anyway. Ill be back!

Geoff D

The older I get the faster I was...

coachgeo

Agreed.. real nice pics.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)