News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Faulty cylinder liners

Started by Lucifertiger, August 11, 2004, 07:31:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifertiger

I own a 2003 Tiger built in May, I have just had new cylinder liners put in as the honing was only about a third of the depth of the standard ones. It had a big thirst for oil, and was bellowing clouds of smoke out, especially when it was cold. After a lot of frustration & pain Triumph agreed to replace the liners rings & valve guide seals. They would not even pay for the oil or coolant, how tight is that? then to add insult to the wound they charged me normal charges for the 20,000 km service, even though the bike was stripped down, Triumph ofcourse stuck up for the dealer too. I am not very happy with Triumph or their dealer. If I did not like my Tiger so much I would sell it! The bike seems to be going well although I think a few wire ties are missing from the engine & I will have to check out another Tiger to tell.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with dud cylinder liners as I would find it hard to believe I was the only one. :evil:

dezrat57

Hello lucifertiger!

sorry to here this,nobody likes these horror stories,i've had a few with various auto & bike mfgs. also.

keep the faith,dave