News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Unknown connector for 06

Started by the cyclops, February 22, 2010, 05:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the cyclops

I am doing the 12k on my 06 Girly and all has gone well except I have found a molex connector that I can't figure out where it goes.  It is above the valve cover and I think it wasn't hooked to anything.  It reaches to about the middle of the valve cover coming up from the battery side and its very near the connector that goes to the airbox.  It appears dirty inside so thats why I think it wasn't used.  Anyone have any ideas?  I have accounted for the fan, the fuel pump, fuel gauge, air box, temp sending unit, and all the spark plugs.  Any other connectors?  I know the 06 is a bit different as it seems they were half way moving toward the 07 with some of the stuff in there.
Growing older but not up

JasonS

Quote from: "the cyclops"I am doing the 12k on my 06 Girly and all has gone well except I have found a molex connector that I can't figure out where it goes.  It is above the valve cover and I think it wasn't hooked to anything.  It reaches to about the middle of the valve cover coming up from the battery side and its very near the connector that goes to the airbox.  It appears dirty inside so thats why I think it wasn't used.  Anyone have any ideas?  I have accounted for the fan, the fuel pump, fuel gauge, air box, temp sending unit, and all the spark plugs.  Any other connectors?  I know the 06 is a bit different as it seems they were half way moving toward the 07 with some of the stuff in there.

an old lead to a battery tender?
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

Timbox2

Its on my 05 as well, has it a brown top?

This is discussed in one of the stickys on air box removal I think, the concensus there was it might be for California/Euro Emissions use

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,5146

in Pics 4 and 5
2016 Tiger Sport

the cyclops

That be it!  What are we going to do without Stretch?
Growing older but not up

jphish

What do you mean..."what are we going to do without Stretch" ??  Is he leaving us ?? This could cause me to start having abandonment issues !

Mustang

Quote from: "jphish"What do you mean..."what are we going to do without Stretch" ??  Is he leaving us ?? This could cause me to start having abandonment issues !
he left motorcycling after getting  hit with a ford ranger . decided to leave it alone for awhile after he healed up .
he may be back he might not .
his tiger was totaled I believe  :shock:

the cyclops

After reading what happened to him I was ready to give it up, too.  I have 4 kids and had just had what could have been a pretty bad crash on a dirt bike.  I bent my knee in a way I didn't think it could bend.  That risk/reward thing is starting to get too me.  I would hate for someone to make me a fair offer on my Girly right now.....
Growing older but not up

jphish

Aww crap! I hate to hear that. Trust he's recovering fully.  I'm older, if not wiser, and have no dependents anymore - all grown up. But my wife still seems to like me, so I use the 'precationary principle' when ever I ride. Full gear always, and vigilance mostly - when I'm not daydreaming. I've had a few spills - mostly dirt. @ 62 I'm getting ready to sell KLR and act my age - but Baja is awfully fun - though I just dont heal as fast anymore. Hope Stretch can get back in the saddle again if thats where his heart & interests lie. Best wishes & good thoughts Stretch! j

the cyclops

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "jphish"What do you mean..."what are we going to do without Stretch" ??  Is he leaving us ?? This could cause me to start having abandonment issues !
he left motorcycling after getting  hit with a ford ranger . decided to leave it alone for awhile after he healed up .
he may be back he might not .
his tiger was totaled I believe  :shock:

Hey Mustang
I hope you didn't take it to mean that you wouldn't be the mod that Stretch was.  When I posted I didn't even know you had taken over.  I am sure you will do a fantastic job, we just need to get you a Girly  :D .
Growing older but not up

jphish

There are always a few folks like Mustang and Stretch that end up as the institutional knowledge base for the rest of us. BWB site has RatBuell and some others, that know those machines and have saved us all a lot of grief. I'm new to Tigers, so particularily appreciate their experience & council. To paraphrase the infamous beer commercial... "we love you man" Truely. j

EvilBetty

Quote from: "jphish"BWB site has RatBuell and some others, that know those machines and have saved us all a lot of grief.

Ah... the other EB... the infamous EZBlast!  That man saved me countless hours on the Buel Blast work.
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

the cyclops

I have my bike back together and a couple of questions.  First the check engine light is on, I assume its from where I was running it balancing the throttle bodies and I need to run through 3 cool down cycles.  Sound reasonable?

Also I have an extra bolt, damn it.  M6x40, Torx head, black.  I thought it was for the fenders to attach to the forks, but they were already on (I had the forks off to grease the steering head).  I have looked through the parts fiche and can't find it (not the tank bolt or cam bolt).  Would anyone have an idea? It looks like it was for trim as it was kinda dirty.  I feel like an idiot, the truth is I just have a terrible memory....
Growing older but not up

iansoady

I made a list of all the fairing / trim fasteners as it's so easy to mix them up. The only m6 x 40 on the list is the rear tank fixing (through the bottom of the battery box).
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

the cyclops

Quote from: "iansoady"I made a list of all the fairing / trim fasteners as it's so easy to mix them up. The only m6 x 40 on the list is the rear tank fixing (through the bottom of the battery box).

Thanks for the reply, and that is a good idea to make a list.  I accounted for the tank bolt, so thats not it.  Its driving me nuts as it was the only one of that size.  I am thinking it must be in the fork trim somewhere that I am not seeing.
Growing older but not up