News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Brake Calipers for a Girly

Started by ChazzyB, February 27, 2010, 07:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChazzyB

I need a replacement front left caliper for my Girly. Has anyone got any ideas about what else may use the same caliper? I've come across a rear caliper for an Adventurer on flea-bay that looks remarkably similar in its configuration.

TIA
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

Bixxer Bob

I'm pretty sure the calipers on my old 900 Trident were the same ones.  Try googling part numbers, you might get lucky....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

John Stenhouse

Early or late Chaz? 885i is the same caliper as the Honda VN750 shadow. 955 changed to something else.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

ChazzyB

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"Early or late Chaz? 885i is the same caliper as the Honda VN750 shadow. 955 changed to something else.

2003 955i...
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

John Stenhouse

Sorry can't help there  :cry:
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

CvPiper

HI Chaz,

The following bikes use an identical LH caliper:

Thunderbird
Adventurer
Legend
Thunderbird Sport

If you need anymore info just PM me.

Thanks
2005 Tiger 955i, Lucifer Orange
3 Box Luggage
Rider and Pillion Gel Seats
Touring Screen
TOR Can
Scottoiller
Autocom (Work in Progress)

ChazzyB

Quote from: "CvPiper"HI Chaz,

The following bikes use an identical LH caliper:

Thunderbird
Adventurer
Legend
Thunderbird Sport

If you need anymore info just PM me.

Thanks

I've bought a set of gen-u-wine Nissin seals and installed them - problem solved! The lesson I have learned from all this is: if your caliper leaks, it's 100-1 going to be a seal problem, even if they look fine.

I think I have found another caliper anyway; mine still has the chip missing from the dust seal outer rim. I'll know for sure later on today.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S