News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

weird thing on a spoke

Started by rybes, March 04, 2010, 01:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

evenin. jus got me wheels today for me triumph and on one of the spokes theres a strange lil thing, anyone know what it is and what it does ? i cant seem t shift it but then aint really tried that hard yet.
thanks a lot  :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

It's triumphs version of a wheel weight

my steamer came with em just like the one in the pic  from the factory
to remove just lever it up with a screwdriver and slip it off the spoke on the slot

chairhead

Like Mustang said,
originally it was there to balance the wheel,
if you are putting new boots on remove the old weight and get the wheel balanced,the new weights (if any) will more than likley be fixed in a new place and on the rim
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

rybes

cheers mustang and chair. itll be comin off then  :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

iansoady

Nothing wrong with that sort of weight - what we all used to use with steel rims.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

nightrunner

I prefer that type of weight to the stick-ons.  Dual star sells them in lead.  You can also get them in chromed steel from the various Harley sources.
Scott

Seeking adventure and peril

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "nightrunner"You can also get them in chromed steel from the various Harley sources.

No $hit  :wink:  some of those jockers would chrome their turds if it was possible :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint