News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Photos of UT and AZ desert *NEW PHOTOS ADDED*

Started by macgart, March 06, 2010, 05:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macgart

Here are a few photos I took a couple of weeks ago when my wife and I traveled to Prescott, AZ.  It is still too cold and snowy for a bike trip.  I am planning a trip to cover some of the same areas and had a chance to recon some of it while on a car trip.

Hope you all enjoy desert pix.  

Photos are clickable to to to my picasa acct.

My wife and I love the desert southwest.  We travel there often and love taking pics.  

Hope you all like the photos.  The town of Jerome is literally carved into the side of the canyon south of Sedona, AZ.  The road (AZ 89 Alt) from Flagstaff to Prescott Valley is awesome.  It is on my short list for biking as soon as the weather breaks.

There is a Ghost Mine just up the canyon past the Jerome FD that is actually more of an old vehicle tour.  If you're into old vehicles and odd bits, it is well worth the $4 admittance fee.  I have a bunch of photos from there on my picasa acct.

Cheers,   :occasion14   Here's to the weather breaking!n
99 Tiger "Goldie"
The more I ride it, the more I love it!
http://www.johnnymacmotoadventures.com/

Timbox2

Great photos, thanks for sharing, looks an amazing place, Ive only ever done the Florida Fly Drive from the UK but would love to one day see some of this, thanks again
2016 Tiger Sport

Geoff D

Wow, fantastic pics....
The older I get the faster I was...

Bixxer Bob

Ermmm,  I'm thinking that's a NITROUS bottle on the old Harley  :shock:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

macgart

They had a lot of interesting stuff at the Ghost Town.  Apparently, the owner of the place travels widely collecting old vehicles and memorabilia.  

Here are a few pics of Jerome and some for you gear heads

Some shots of old vehicles

As before the pics are clickable.
99 Tiger "Goldie"

coachgeo

some Damn fine photography there man.  Love your black and whites.

the interesting bike is a Rokon.  Still in production.  I got one. but needs a new front drive shaft (it's under the tank)
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

John Stenhouse

Great photos, another area I'm going to have to visit.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

macgart

I figured some folks would appreciate that bike.

Thanks for the kind replies.
99 Tiger "Goldie"

Advwannabe

They sold a few of those to farmers here in Oz, they'll go just about anywhere in the right conditions

Great photos, love that 40s-50s Yank iron! What happened to your vehicle stylists over there? They sorta lost the plot in the late 70s....um maybe the batwing era of the early 60s wasn't that flash either!
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Ermmm,  I'm thinking that's a NITROUS bottle on the old Harley  :shock:

Nah! got to be a fire extinguisher, what use would would Nitrous be on an HD  :roll:  :wink:

Great photography, you have a good eye, thanks for sharing.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint