News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Knock...Knock...Knock

Started by ewmccraw, May 31, 2013, 01:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ewmccraw

I've got a problem folks. I'm hearing a knocking noise coming from the bike when riding. Not from the engine though. It sounds like it's somewhere beneath the seat or a little further back and down low. It's most pronounced after cornering also. It knocks about once a second. Any ideas?

TripleTragic

Quote from: ewmccraw on May 31, 2013, 01:53:03 PM
Hi my name is____
Nice place you have here.  I ride a _______ and live near______I like long walks on beaches and random people asking me questions.
By the way, I know it is my first post and all but I was wondering if you minded me picking your brains.

I've got a problem folks. I'm hearing a knocking noise coming from the bike when riding. Not from the engine though. It sounds like it's somewhere beneath the seat or a little further back and down low. It's most pronounced after cornering also. It knocks about once a second. Any ideas?

Do a search for "DAR". 

Or perhaps just adjust your chain.
Good things come in Threes

rf9rider

Check your chain rub strip and rub block, could be the chain catching on the swingarm?

ewmccraw

Well, you guys were right . Turns out it was the chain slapping against the swing arm. I can't figure how it got so much slack in it so fast, but I got it adjusted and no more knock.

Thanks TigerTriple!