News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Aux Power socket

Started by Timbox2, January 25, 2010, 09:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Ive had a search and think Ive answered this but just to double check.

Forgot to look when I test rode the bike this weekend, but

1) Am i right in thinking that the aux power socket is a Hella Type( BMW if you prefer).

2) I want to run a Gerbing Jacket off this (77W),  d ya reckon that's OK or would I be better running the |Gerbing accessory lead direct from battery

Ok, yes Im a softy but next Saturdays ride back with the new Tiger could be a cold one

Thanks in advance, Tim.
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Yup, the socket is the same as BMW use.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Medic09

+1.

You should be fine running the jacket off the BMW plug.  I run my Aerostich liner off my socket, even at full blast. Of course, it depends on the total load you're running (aux lights, etc.)

Much better to wear that electric jacket than leave the bike parked!
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four

Timbox2

Cheers guys, cant wait, comfort and warmth, what more could you ask for on a bike :)
2016 Tiger Sport

ChazzyB

Quote from: "Timbox2"Am i right in thinking that the aux power socket is a Hella Type( BMW if you prefer).

10 amp fuse on that socket.
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

BigMark

Where is the Aux Socket fuse located?

I seem to be down 1 heated grip and my aux socket  :cry:

Timbox2

Quote from: "BigMark"Where is the Aux Socket fuse located?

I seem to be down 1 heated grip and my aux socket  :cry:

According to my handbook(05 Model) its No3 Fuse in the box under seat.
2016 Tiger Sport

BigMark

I see that too, but was hoping it wasn't so..

Looks like i have an interesting problem then.. That 10amp no.3 fuse is fine. and 1 Heated Grip works fine.

something else a bit odd... my trip meter is always at 0 after i have switched off the bike. Resets itself.  :?

Timbox2

Quote from: "BigMark"I see that too, but was hoping it wasn't so..

Looks like i have an interesting problem then.. That 10amp no.3 fuse is fine. and 1 Heated Grip works fine.

something else a bit odd... my trip meter is always at 0 after i have switched off the bike. Resets itself.  :?

Someone else had this issue recently, cant remember outcome though but it was after they had been playing around under the tank or behind clocks.
2016 Tiger Sport

JasonS

Quote from: "BigMark"I see that too, but was hoping it wasn't so..

My '06 was doing that on the Texas trip last year... was pissing me off royally as it made it impossible to use it for fuel estimations...

My guess... it is one of those "needs scheduled servicing" things...
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c