News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

'05 tool kit still contains '04 tools ?

Started by PeterO, August 12, 2004, 11:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterO

I went to my tool kit for the first time last night, to see what was in there as I'm getting to the point where the chain needs adjusting for the first time (Yes I've read that thread :) )

Anyway, looking at the contents, it seems  Triumph havn't spotted the fact that the 05 swinging arm doesn't have the excentric adjuster anymore as the kit still contains the allen keys needed to adjust the old style swinging arm.  Annoyingly it doesn't contain anything to undo the 27mm axle nut so I've had to go and buy a 27mm socket this morning.

Peter

Flying Tiger

That's  good point that you bring up.  I have a 2002 Tiger and I found that it only had one of the two needed allen wrenches to adjust the chain.  I added a Multi-wrench set to my tool pouch to supplement the supplied tool pouch.   Also I'm working on a mini first aid kit to fit in it too.  As with anything, the owner will need to tailor his emergency tool pouch for their particular needs.  But, Triumph should have at least supply the tools for chain adjustment.

http://www.pricepoint.com/thumb/2-Acces ... s-True.htm

Zig28

I don't have a Tiger - yet - but I have a '99 Thunderbird Sport with the same type of chain adjuster as on the '05 Tiger.  The nut(s) take something like 72 ft. lbs. of torque, so there's probably no way any tool in an on-bike tool set could apply that much torque anyway.  I use a big 1/2" drive torque wrench and a 1/2" drive breaker bar on the opposite side nut.  By the way, on the Thunderbird Sport, the two nuts on either side of the aduster are different diameters, so I had to buy 2 different 1/2" drive monster sockets!

PaulBerg

Me too with the lack of  27mm socket in the toolkit

Paul