News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recalls

Started by Brock, August 13, 2004, 09:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock

Just to let you all know...according to my dealer, Triumph are starting to recall all fuel injected bikes (yes, ALL FUEL INJECTED BIKES!) to change a couple of nylon fuel hose connectors for alloy alternatives.

Apparently it's nothing to panic about. It's a safety thing, as the nylon ones are prone to splitting in exceptional circumstances.

Also...some '04 Tigers are being recalled to have a couple of expansion tank coolant hoses checked. Apparently some have found to be connected the wrong way 'round, and can cause the bike to overheat. Again, no need to panic...bikes with the latter fault will have already shown a tendency to overheat. There's a bit more info on the RAT site.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Gene

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently got my 04 and had a small coolant leak at the overflow bottle. the tech at the dealer said there was a t.s.b. for my problem. I tore the front off and found one of the plastic elbows for the overflow had been broken and the two rubber hoses were put on backwords. the coolant would boil out of the radiator and then not be sucked back into the engine when it cooled off.

hope that helped. Gene

Folks, Don't try this at home?
Folks,  Don\'t try this at home?