News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Foot, Hokey But Fun

Started by Jon KB, March 14, 2010, 04:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon KB

I've been talking about doing this for a couple of years now and finally got off my but and did it.

You know What a pain it is to park your tiger in soft dirt, sand or on hot asphalt? You know those occasions when the bike starts tipping over before you even get off it as the kickstand sinks into the ground.

There are a lot of items for sale out there to assist you in preventing this but few of them can you mount on your bike and forget about it.

My friends and I keep talking about how much fun it would be to make a tigers paw and attach it to our kickstands. Not only would this prevent much of the sink-age but it would allow us to leave a signature cats paw imprint in the ground when we leave.

In pursuing this I found that for $50 and the cost of the metal and providing a template, I could have one made for me. Hmmnn not what I'm looking for not only do I have to create the template and pay various fees I'll still need to sand and finish the paw.

So I bought some materials and cast my own,

While I did not save any money I can now play with the design until I like it and make other small aluminum parts such as foot pegs, handlebar riser, Chain Guard, various mounting options etc..
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time
mailto:ttigerfoot@gmail.com\">ttigerfoot@gmail.com

Yukon

Very unique farkle.  Sweeeet finished product.

coachgeo

and my guess is you will be able to sell enough of these to pay for many new Tiger Accessories.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

ArcticTiger

Nice, fun and practical! Will it fit a steamer too? Would you make up one for me too, how much $$ ? :D
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

Jon KB

Will it fit a Steamer?

I don't know, post a couple of close-ups of your Steamers kickstand foot.

How much will it cost?

I'll have to figure that out also.
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time
mailto:ttigerfoot@gmail.com\">ttigerfoot@gmail.com

John Stenhouse

That's very cool, work out how much they cost I'll have one.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

redbirds

Too cool, I'd buy that. Have to fit a Roadie though.
Living vicariously through myself.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Jon KB"Will it fit a Steamer?

I don't know, post a couple of close-ups of your Steamers kickstand foot.

How much will it cost?

I'll have to figure that out also.

That is too cool for my meagre words.

"Will it fit a Roadie or a Steamer" sod it, I'd happily mod my side stands just to have that on them.

When you work it out, put me down for two please  8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

oxnsox

Now thats a Tiger Triple Farkle my Girly would proudly wear
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ArcticTiger

Yes, Sin- is definately right! It will be a lot easyer for me to modify the Steamers sidestand, than for you to modyfy your mold!

Please just have me on your list if you will make up some more!
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

akey

Wow thats cool as penguin pi55

As soon as you work out how much they are, let us know - any idea how much for shipping to the UK?

jphish

Hey Jon - Me too! I'll be gone on 2 month trip beginning this Sat. If you can give me a price, I'll send a check and you can hold one for me until my return. I think this will take off as word gets around - you'll be so busy casting Tiger paws, ya won't have time to ride. TTFN, j

Sasquatch

TheMule

Count me in for one!!
Todd

2001 Roulette Green Tiger -

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5825

zombie

I'll take two as well