News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger Foot, Hokey But Fun

Started by Jon KB, March 14, 2010, 04:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon KB

Several people have contacted me asking if I would make them one or two

The answer is yes and the price will be $50 each plus shipping costs.

Shipping costs to the UK looks to be under $20

Over the next week I'll produce a few to see what the turnaround time will be.
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time
mailto:ttigerfoot@gmail.com\">ttigerfoot@gmail.com

John Stenhouse

That's fine for me, I'll take one! Do you have a paypal account? If not, how would you like to be paid?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

coachgeo

I'm not an experienced rider yet so Im asking folk more experienced.... is the location of this paw one that may, probably will, never..??? slide across the riders leg if you have to lay the bike down?  

What about if you are two up?  

If there is a potential danger here... another design might be the top of the paw with a flat plate on the bottom slightly larger.. the visual aspect being looking down on the the tiger's paw at the top of it with it planted on the ground (flat plate)
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Mustang

Quote from: "coachgeo"I'm not an experienced rider yet so Im asking folk more experienced.... is the location of this paw one that may, probably will, never..??? slide across the riders leg if you have to lay the bike down?  

If there is a potential danger here... another design might be the top of the paw with a flat plate on the bottom slightly larger.. the visual aspect being looking down on the the tiger's paw at the top of it with it planted on the ground (flat plate)
that paw will be the least of your concern if you lay the pig down on your leg at speed .it will probably never come near your leg ..........
on the other hand I would be more concerned about how much weight is added to the end that could under the right bumpy bouncy situation cause the sidestand to overpower the springs and ....................well if you have ever tried to ride off on a older motorcycle  with the sidestand down you get my drift .
Test it well Jon for your own sake if you know what I mean ................

Mustang

Quote from: "coachgeo"if you have to lay the bike down?  

that cracks me up when people say "I had to lay it down "

:shock:  :ImaPoser

no one in their right mind "lays "  a bike down on purpose .......... :roll:

JasonS

I love this ... how about a picture of the mark it leaves...?   :D
\'tweachisown

Photo Journal of my 2009 Texas Trip Being Written Here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 48daf95d7c

Jon KB

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "coachgeo"I'm not an experienced rider yet so Im asking folk more experienced.... is the location of this paw one that may, probably will, never..??? slide across the riders leg if you have to lay the bike down?  

that paw will be the least of your concern if you lay the pig down on your leg at speed .it will probably never come near your leg ..........
on the other hand I would be more concerned about how much weight is added to the end that could under the right bumpy bouncy situation cause the sidestand to overpower the springs and ....................well if you have ever tried to ride off on a older motorcycle  with the sidestand down you get my drift .
Test it well Jon for your own sake if you know what I mean ................

I find myself in agreement with Mustang,
If your laying down your Tiger in such away as to cause the kickstand to tear at your leg, your in a heap of trouble.

I suppose it could happen but in that case I doubt that the foot attachment would do any more damage then the stock kickstand would.

Solo or two-up, but that's just my opinion and I'm sure mother nature working hand in hand with father Murphy could prove me wrong easily.

As for the kickstand coming down because of the additional weight, that is/was a concern of mine, however the paw weighs in at 7 ounces and if that's enough to drag down your kickstand you either need new/more springs or you need to strap you kickstand in place while riding.

I have only been able to put in about 40 minutes of riding time since installing the paw 3 days ago (all on paved streets), it hasn't been a problem yet but check back with me in December.

Seriously anyone who farkles their bike needs to consider the potential problems before adding/changing from manufacturers specs and then must take responsibility for their actions.

I think these paws will work, that they won't  fall off or cause problems but if you put these on your bike they need to be on your inspection list just like anything else you or the manufacturer put on your bike. Anything can loosen or weaken over time. Riding is not for the complacent or the willfully blind...at least not for long.

Too many hobbies,
Not enough time

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "JasonS"I love this ... how about a picture of the mark it leaves...?   :D

That's going to be brilliant, especially on hot tarmac  :ImaPoser a GS imprint just wouldn't come anywhere close. I think after the extra bits many of us have added to stop them bending the extra weight will be negligle, I have a hefty Touratwat pad on the Vara, I'd be more worried about the sharp edge of that cutting my boots.

"For Sale, novelty item, no warranty or fitness for pupose other than as decoration suggested or implied, use entirely at your own risk" gimme, gimme, where do I sign? If anybody is in the least worried they should'nt read the bit of the Tiger owners manual that says it's not designed for use off road :P

"Lay it down"  :icon_scratch you mean fall off, if you are comfortable in your manhood, come on coach leave the hairdresser speak for the best dressed GS crowd  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

coachgeo

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"...."Lay it down"  :icon_scratch you mean fall off, if you are comfortable in your manhood, come on coach leave the hairdresser speak for the best dressed GS crowd  :wink:
good point... rewrite due.

if you  dont "fall off" far enough to keep your leg out from under the bike will this kickstand paw....."

PS- falling not concerned too much.. being able to safely juggle kids thru the air the remainder of my career I am.  Hence recent purchase of hit-air jacket (at 60% discount) before bike is even running.

cochris

I'd take one, and finally have something to mount my rub block to!  :BangHead

EvilBetty

It being cast aluminum, what is the added weight of the extra bits?
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Jon KB

Quote from: "EvilBetty"It being cast aluminum, what is the added weight of the extra bits?

7 ounces

Jon
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time

Jon KB

I'm going to have to call a halt to new requests for a bit.

I have received requests for twenty feet so far.

This is far greater response then I anticipated.

I figure 2 or 3 people might want one.

At approximately 5 hours per foot, 20 of them ceases to be a friendly gesture and needs to become a self supporting production.

I will honor the $50 plus shipping price for those that I have contacted.

I have started casting those 20.

I will post a new price that makes it worth taking time away from my riding and resume accepting orders at that time from anyone who remains interested.

I'm sorry if I did not get to you I really was not expecting this level of interest.

My ego has been stroked greatly, thanks again for the praise and interest .

I will be tooling up for faster production to keep the price reasonable.

Jon

coachgeo

LOL... I warned you.

Congratulations on your unwanted success :lol:

Jon KB

Quote from: "coachgeo"LOL... I warned you.

Congratulations on your unwanted success :lol:

Thanks...I think
Too many hobbies,
Not enough time