News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Electric Shavers

Started by Medic09, March 07, 2010, 04:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic09

Okay all you manly men!  I need a new shaver.  The present one, from the Phillips/Norelco Arcitec series, is p*ss poor.  It can't handle a heavy beard, the blades clog easily and don't disassemble for a good cleaning like my old shavers.

I need an electric shaver (only!) that will take on a heavy beard, give a good clean shave, and can be properly cleaned.

Recommendations, please!  I'm looking less presentable than usual, and determined to fix that.
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four

Mustang

shaving is overrated  :ImaPoser

you can be a sharp dressed man with a beard  :shock:

Sorry I'm no help I hate all electric razors , I still use razor blades and shave cream    :wink:

coachgeo

dont use a shaver for beards.

Use a hair trimmer.
COACH POSER (Till Tribota Tiger's done & I'm riding it)

Medic09

Mustang, I used to live in Houston not far from one of those gentlemen.  And I had a beard down to my chest back then.  One of my colleagues always compared me to them (in appearance only!).

Coachgeo, I don't mean a grown beard.  I mean the day old growth.  Mine, along with the occasional longer hairs that get caught in the shaver, clog the Arcitec right up.
Mordechai Y. Scher

\'07 aprilia CapoNord
\'75 Trident T160
\'78 Honda CB 750Four

Nick Calne

As someone who regularly goes between beard and clean shaven, I reckon the guys have got it about right.

Long hair - use the hair trimmer.  Anything else wet shave works best.  

Other than that I'd get a shaver that you run from a socket on the bike for longer trips!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Bixxer Bob

Wet shaver all my (shaving) life ...

Not helping yet are we????  :wink:

You didn't really expect anything else though eh? :lol:

What was the film where the lead actor - pretending to be hard - said, "Every morning I shave dry with an open blade (waving a bowie knife) then rub in wood alchohol to stop the bleeding".

Thinking about it it might have been Frank in an episode of MASH... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JetdocX

Quote from: "nickcalne"Other than that I'd get a shaver that you run from a socket on the bike for longer trips!

Bah!  Who shaves on a bike trip? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Not me.
From parts unknown.

Nick Calne

Thinking about it, me neither.....
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

oxnsox

Wax.....  problem solved...
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JetdocX

Or use the campstove to burn them off.
From parts unknown.