News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel Filter and gauge sorted

Started by Timbox2, March 18, 2010, 04:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

So, had some spare time and decided to have a go at the fuel filter, Im getting quite adept at getting the Tank off now. As I suspected the old filter was date stamped 2004, so probably the original, anyway, it now has a nice new Ducati Fuel filter, yep less than half the price of the Trumpet version.

Some of you may remember my posting regarding a very erratic fuel gauge, and then no gauge at all or low warning light.

So took the sender unit out and popped the little cover off the end of the tube, peering down the tube I could see the problem straight away, the little float had somehow twisted on the circuit board and was jammed near the bottom but obviously not near the bottom enough to turn the light on.

After a few minutes of tapping the tube upside down the float came into view and I was able to pull it out then reseat it on its runner on the circuit board.

Once I got the bike back together I took it down the petrol station and filled up, gauge immediately going to full, bargain, another job jobbed :D
2016 Tiger Sport

Domdom711

Hello

I'm new to the forum. I've just picked up my 885i. I also have a very erratic fuel gauge. Would this likely be the same issue?

TIA

VABird

The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16