News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anyone got any ideas...

Started by Geoff D, March 23, 2010, 09:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff D

Been trying for a while now to find a bike I used to own, basically for sentimental reasons, so far I've pretty much drawn a blank.
The DVLA are no help at all  :roll: what I have found out is the bike has had 7 owners in total now, the last change was in January 09 so I know its still around.
Any suggestions??
The older I get the faster I was...

Geoff D

Oh, I've posted pics & searches on most of the other sites too....

Mustang

Quote from: "Geoff D"Been trying for a while now to find a bike I used to own, basically for sentimental reasons, so far I've pretty much drawn a blank.
The DVLA are no help at all  :roll: what I have found out is the bike has had 7 owners in total now, the last change was in January 09 so I know its still around.
Any suggestions??

what was it ?

Geoff D

Mustang

could you not just get a different 600r or is it more of a sentimental thing for that particular bike ?  I know how you feel if it is for the exact bike though ..........I wish I never got rid of my very first bike

Geoff D

Nah... gotta be that one. Lots of memories etc,etc

EvilBetty

Quote from: "Mustang"could you not just get a different 600r or is it more of a sentimental thing for that particular bike ?  I know how you feel if it is for the exact bike though ..........I wish I never got rid of my very first bike

Wow what was it like learning to ride on a 30 year old bike?

:ImaPoser
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Mustang

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Wow what was it like learning to ride on a 30 year old bike?

:ImaPoser
1973 RD350 Yamaha
37 year old bike and it was 36 1/2 years ago , bought it brand new after my senior year in high school for the grand total of $879 .
It was quite the crotch rocket in it's day , would wheelie in the first four gears just on power(ok it wasn't exactly stock anymore when it could do that ) but it could out handle and whoop bikes twice as big . not bad for a 350 .

Bixxer Bob

I still have its pre-decessor in the garage:

1972 YR5 350cc.  

It's the bike I wanted as a kid and couldn't afford.  I've had it three years, it still goes like stink (literally - I have to get round to changing a crankshaft oil seal sometime soon) although the handlings not what I remembered - maybe it's because I weigh half as much again as I did then.

And sorry Geof,  this isn't helping you find your first love.  Maybe soemone should start a "Friends United" for bikes, cars etc???
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

ArcticTiger

1973..... that was the year I bought my first Triumph, a -67 Bonneville. :D
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

Geoff D

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"And sorry Geof,  this isn't helping you find your first love.  Maybe soemone should start a "Friends United" for bikes, cars etc???

I wasn't my first love Bob, that was a Tiger Cub that my dad bought me when I was 15 (oh and Raquel Welch of course  :lol: ) in 1972

I bought this bike in 1996 to do the Optic 2000 Tunisian rally, 2 weeks before I was due to leave it was stolen (along with my gorgeous Ducati 750SS) 2 days after it was stolen I was out in my car & saw 2 blokes on it  :roll:  after the subsequent crash (broke the riders leg  :roll: ) and several interviews with nice policemen I was re-united with bike.
I could go on but don't want to bore you all...

Nick Calne

You could try a tracing website like this one.

Never done it myself so can't recommend necessarily...

http://www.drivearchive.co.uk/index.htm

P.S.  In 1973 I was less than 1 year old.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Geoff D

Hi Nick, tried that one..... doesn't recognise the number.

I do know its still around though, last change of ownership was Jan 09, its out there somewhere, I'll find the bu**er eventually.

What I want is a friendly policeman  :roll:

Thanks anyway

p.s. you old enough to be on 'ere  :lol:

EvilBetty

Quote from: "Mustang"1973 RD350 Yamaha
37 year old bike and it was 36 1/2 years ago , bought it brand new after my senior year in high school for the grand total of $879 .
It was quite the crotch rocket in it's day , would wheelie in the first four gears just on power(ok it wasn't exactly stock anymore when it could do that ) but it could out handle and whoop bikes twice as big . not bad for a 350 .

Sorry cheap shot at your age :)

In 1973 I was... well I was born in 75 :)
There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1

2007 1050 Tiger, Jet Black
SOLD - 2005 955i Tiger, Lucifer Orange - SOLD

Mustang

Quote from: "EvilBetty"Sorry cheap shot at your age :)

In 1973 I was... well I was born in 75 :)

I know .............just remember someday you will be old and wise also grasshopper :lol:  :lol: